"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Chicken, Turkey & other Fowl

Old 04-06-2006, 11:06 AM   #11
Master Chef

Constance reminded me about a simple and delicious marinade.......Italian Salad Dressing....I like the Zesty Italian too. Marinate chicken breasts in it and grill. Talk about juicy and tender.

Another idea:

In a shallow dish mix together some bread crumbs, italian herbs, S & P, grated parmesan cheese. Pound out boneless, skinless chicken breasts between pieces of wax paper or plastic wrap, sprinkle on S & P. Dip the chicken in a beaten egg mixture and then coat with the bread mixture. Let this sit for a few minutes to let the coating adhere to the meat good. Heat some extra virgin olive oil in a skillet. Throw a whole piece of garlic into the oil and saute that for a little bit. Don't burn the garlic though....just stir it around for a couple minutes to infuse the oil. Remove the garlic and brown both sides of the chicken. With the meat pounded out thinly it won't take as long to cook. Remove the chicken from the pan and squeeze some fresh lemon juice over the meat.
Personally, I'd serve it with some roasted asparagus that has been drizzled with EVOO, S & P and Fresh Lemon Juice. A spring blend prepackaged salad mix with a vinegrette dressing.

Old 04-06-2006, 11:26 AM   #12
Master Chef

I like the sound of your crumb mixture, Sizzlin. That would make a wonderful chicken sandwich on whole wheat bread, with Miracle Whip, lettuce and tomato.

Old 04-06-2006, 11:36 AM   #13
Executive Chef

make a simple paprikash ... cut up chicken pieces sauteed with sliced onions (and sliced mushrooms if you like) in butter (or evoo), seasoned with salt pepper parsley and paprika (lots of paprika)...finish with sour cream to make a sauce with pan juices, serve over noodles.
Old 04-06-2006, 12:07 PM   #14
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constance
I like the sound of your crumb mixture, Sizzlin. That would make a wonderful chicken sandwich on whole wheat bread, with Miracle Whip, lettuce and tomato.
Oh....good idea Constance.
Old 04-11-2006, 11:55 PM   #15
Senior Cook

Send a message via Yahoo to Quizzie
Alix, that sounds so easy and so good.. Any salsa? Which do you prefer?
Will chicken breast be to dry?
Old 04-12-2006, 12:15 AM   #16
Senior Cook

Send a message via Yahoo to Quizzie
Season two chicken breast, dip into egg and milk mixture. shake it in a bag of parmesan progresso bread crumbs. Shake off excess crumbs. Place in a buttered baking dish and bake in a preheated oven 350' for 30 minutes (till crust is a golden crispy brown) Take a jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce, warm it up ( or make this meal with left over homemade spaghetti sauce) Put a slice of white cheese(your preference, swiss, provalone etc.) atop the chicken breast add spaghetti sauce ,Mushrooms, bellpeppers, onions, etc.
Put back into the oven until cheese has melted. put it on spaghetti noodles like a easy baked chicken parmessan. Don't forget the extra sauce if you put it on spaghetti noodles. Enjoy!
Old 04-13-2006, 10:45 PM   #17
Senior Cook

Miss. ALix, would your chicken recipe work with breast instead of thighs?
Old 04-14-2006, 08:08 AM   #18
Master Chef

Chicken Parisienne

1 pkge. skin-on bone-in chicken breasts (usually 2-3 pieces)
1 can condensed Cream of Mushroom soup
1 can mushroom pieces
8 oz. container sour cream
dry sherry

Preheat oven to 350. Combine soup, 3/4 soup can full of dry sherry, & mushroom pieces. Place chicken pieces in baking dish & pour mixture over. Bake for approx. an hour, or until chicken juices run clean when pierced close to the bone. Remove chicken to plate & keep warm in oven. Scrape out soup mixture & chicken juices into a saucepan, add sour cream, & heat thru gently so sour cream doesn't curdle. Serve.

I usually serve this with white rice (to sop up all that great sauce), & plain buttered carrots.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:14 AM   #19
Assistant Cook

Sorry to bump this thread, but I make chicken almost every night for my family, and it is very simple and takes no time at all. We use the no-antibiotic free-range chicken FYI.

I start by powdering Emeril's Bayou blast on both sides, and a little salt and pepper. Then pan-sear in oil for a minute or two on each side. Drain the oil and put about 1/2 to 3/4 inches of wine (white is best, but red works, if it's all you have) in your skillet and cover and simmer on low heat for ~10 minutes on each side. It turns out to be very tender.

My favorite thing to dip chicken in has always been honey mustard, and I make my own. I don't have measurements, but I use Emeril's Honey mustard, some mayo, and some honey. Basically, in a bowl put a little less mustard than mayo, and pour the honey over the top, just enough to cover the other ingredients, and stir.

As sides to this we usually make homemade mashed potatoes and some asparagus, broccoli, or spinach.
Old 04-20-2006, 11:06 PM   #20
Senior Cook

if you don't mind doing without the stuffing, by far the easiest chicken recipe is to salt & pepper a whole bird and throw it in the oven for 1 or 1 1/2 hours or so, depending on the size of the bird.

depending on the size of both the bird and your family, you may be able to have roast chicken 2 nights and still be able to pull off enough meat for a couple of sandwiches.

pot au feu, stew, casserole or call it what you will, doing it in a pot is also quick and easy. brown some (floured ?) jointed cuts in a metal casserole or pan that can go into the oven. add some quartered onions, some unpeeled carrots cut into large pieces, mushrooms, celery in large pieces and maybe some halved or quartered potatoes. add some salt & pepper, a bay leaf, any herbs that suit your fancy and a little dry white wine. put the lid on and throw it in the oven for about an hour and a half. with a salad and a baguette, dinner's ready.

for an italian approach, (cacciatore) brown some cuts as above, along with some mushrooms. cover with some spaghetti sauce (w/ extra garlic and oregano?), put the lid on and finish in the oven as above. serve on or along side of some noodles.

Tags
None