"Faux" Gras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fox and Faux are pronounced the same...

Faux is pronounced to rhyme with "foe" or "foh." faux (has audio example)

I'm sorry Timothy, i do not watch FOX news, but what you said is insulting to people eveuywhere. Typical liberal propaganda, which is only liberal when people agree with them.

Perhaps there's a reason politics should not be discussed at the dinner table.

Last edited:
My brother took my mom shopping for a coat a few years ago. She told the salesman she was looking for faux fur. He showed her a coat that she liked. The very distingushed looking salesman then asked, " And now, madam, for your other three furs?"

My brother took my mom shopping for a coat a few years ago. She told the salesman she was looking for faux fur. He showed her a coat that she liked. The very distingushed looking salesman then asked, " And now, madam, for your other three furs?"

:LOL:

How do you force feed a goose?? And why did they have to force feed it? Annnnd why would they have to outlaw goose liver???? LoL

How do you force feed a goose?? And why did they have to force feed it? Annnnd why would they have to outlaw goose liver???? LoL
I think they actually put a funnel down it's neck and push food into it.

The gooses body, in responce to its massive over eating, grows a over-large liver.

Who was the person who figured that out? "Oh, I think I'll stick a funnel down this gooses neck and feed it 20 times it's normal amount per/day"

Weird.

I think it's liver products made from the livers of geese that were force fed that was banned, not livers from normally fed geese.

I was thinking that starting out with ordinary goose livers might be good for this recipe, but the livers would probably be pretty expensive (compared to chicken livers) and it's hard enough to find geese in markets anyway. IIRC I've never seen anything but whole geese at local supermarkets and butchers.

I think they actually put a funnel down it's neck and push food into it.

The gooses body, in responce to its massive over eating, grows a over-large liver.

Who was the person who figured that out? "Oh, I think I'll stick a funnel down this gooses neck and feed it 20 times it's normal amount per/day"

Weird.

THat's the first I've heard of that. LOL, poor geese. So why not outlaw the force feeding? Why outlaw pate? I'm gonna have to google this..lol.

So why not outlaw the force feeding? Why outlaw pate?

If you outlaw the practice of force feeding you have to enforce it at the source. Good luck US trying to enforce US laws in EU. (I'm imagining US special forces parachuting into French farms that raise geese.)

By outlawing the product the law can be enforced at the US border, or border of other jurisdiction having the law.

Checked Wikipedia, force feeding is the law in France for true foie gras. If they do it differently, they have to call it something else.

THat's the first I've heard of that. LOL, poor geese. So why not outlaw the force feeding? Why outlaw pate? I'm gonna have to google this..lol.

I guess there is no way to tell by the pate itself if forced-feeding was performed.

Your new hairstyle is nice, Nikki. You old one was very nice too. It makes no difference what beautiful women do to their hair; it always looks great!

I guess there is no way to tell by the pate itself if forced-feeding was performed.

Your new hairstyle is nice, Nikki. You old one was very nice too. It makes no difference what beautiful women do to their hair; it always looks great!

You can tell by the name, assuming the product is accurately named. Paté de foie gras is goose liver paté made with force fed goose liver. Paté translates to paste, foie is goose liver and gras means fat or big.

Foie gras is just the fattened goose liver, which can be cooked up on its own for a delectable appetizer.

BTW, force fed duck liver is sometimes sold as foie gras too.

Last edited:
You can tell by the name, assuming the product is accurately named. Paté de fois gras is goose liver paté made with force fed goose liver. Paté translates to paste, fois is goose liver and gras means fat or big.

Fois gras is just the fattened goose liver, which can be cooked up on its own for a delectable appetizer.

BTW, force fed duck liver is sometimes sold as fois gras too.

Thanks Andy. That's very informative. I flunked high school French.

Mercy Bucket Mon Sewer! See what I mean?

Checked Wikipedia, force feeding is the law in France for true foie gras. If they do it differently, they have to call it something else.

That's ironic that the French have laws requiring it, while some/many US states have laws forbidding it.

I forgot what the Europeans call it, but I guess like Champagne must be from grapes grown in that region of France, or otherwise it has to be called sparkling wine. However California can produce and market Champagne, but obviously can't be sold in EU unless perhaps they relabel it.

They can probably do it in EU without force feeding as long as they call it something else, maybe liver paste made from free range ducks. :)

Last edited:

Awww thank ya Tim..:). Yea I guess you couldn't look at the pate and say, "this goose was force fed"...lolol. But I do feel sorry for the birds.. You know how you feel when you over eat...I bet that's how they feel..:(.

Back
Top Bottom