"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Chicken, Turkey & other Fowl

Old 01-03-2012, 08:25 PM   #11
Head Chef

Is FAUX a Califorina word?

Old 01-03-2012, 11:35 PM   #12
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by salt and pepper View Post
I think it's from that place where they eat all the snails and frogs.

Where in the world could you go to McDonald's and request a wine list?

Old 01-04-2012, 12:00 AM   #13
Head Chef

Good reply , I don't mean to offend anyone , but whats wrong with frogs, snails, wild game? Who has the right to tell me what to eat? Not Michelle Oboma or any one else. Mabe this is not the place to make my point , But while I'm still free I'll eat what I want! Point in hand: went to the store today , as I did'nt have time to make cole slaw,I went to Safeway , and got a pound of slaw. Chemicals , junk food , what a mistake. Give me a hunting licsense any day!!!
Old 01-04-2012, 12:06 AM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Faux is French for false.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:32 AM   #15
Half Baked

The ducks aren't being mistreated and they don't mind it!
I however mind being shoved into a airline seat where I can't move and can't eat eat for hours.

Another mindless law! As of yesterday I can't get a plastic bag from from the grocery store to take my fois gras home in either. I had to purchase several reusable bags that took ten times the amount of plastic to produce and will break down even slower.I also have to purchase plastic bags now to line my garbage can since I can't re-use the purchased ones regularly.

Maybe we could eliminate a few of the lawmaker jobs and hire back a few of the firefighters and police we lost.

The pate recipe looks great and probably just as satisfying as the real thing but we should have the right to choose for ourselves shouldn't we.

My FIL like to make sandwiches out of pate and they are pretty good.
White bread, mayo (why not at this point),pate,pickle,tomatoe,lettuce and fresh ground pepper. I bet bacon would be good too. I will have to try it.

My Flickr stuff!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/e_maxwell_photography/
4meandthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:05 AM   #16
Head Chef

4meandthem, good comment! They are not law makers , they are law TAKERS!
OK , Lets get back to cooking.
Old 01-04-2012, 03:32 AM   #17
Executive Chef

Quote:
I thought it was a "news" channel.
I visited a few F/gras farm in Perigord when driving to the South of France.They all had feeding times up for visitors to view the method.
Rather like cows the birds on hearing the doors of the feeding barn open waddled inside and I kid you not fought to get the tube in them.
Question what do you think happens to the carcasses ?
Old 01-04-2012, 11:13 AM   #18
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
Quote:
Of course not! It's a French word that mean fake or imitation. as in faux fur or faux leather....
Old 01-04-2012, 11:25 AM   #19
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolas De Fraile View Post
I thought it was a "news" channel.
Nope, that would of course, be "Fox News" Fox and Faux are pronounced the same, but Fox is the cable news station which in 2010, took the top 10 spots for most watched cable news programs in the age 2554 demographic and the top 12 spots among total cable news programs viewers. It's popular among some less sophisticated people to make fun of those who are at the top, just because they ARE at the top and an easy target. I cringe each time I hear the "Faux News" slur.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:21 PM   #20
Master Chef

I'm sorry Timothy, i do not watch FOX news, but what you said is insulting to people eveuywhere. Typical liberal propaganda, which is only liberal when people agree with them.

Tags
butter, chicken liver, onion, recipe, seasonings

"Faux" Gras Foie Gras has been outlawed in many states in the U.S. But here is a recipe that attempt to recreate the rich, buttery texture, and great flavor, without force feeding any foul. Chicken Liver Pate: Ingredients: 1 lb. fresh chicken livers Salt Black pepper 1 tsp. ground Thyme 1/4 cup diced onion 1 stick salted butter 1/2 tsp. sugar 1/2 tsp. granulated garlic Chicken broth Place the chicken livers into a sauce pot and cover with water. Bring water to a boil, and cook for about fifteen minutes, or until the chicken livers are just done through. Saute onion in a little butter until tender. Place into a blender. Remove the livers from the liquid and place into the same blender. Blend while adding just enough chicken broth to get the mixture moving in the blender. Add the butter. Blend until silky smooth. Empty the water from the sauce pan used to cook the livers. Remove the blended chicken lkivers from the blender and place into the sauce pan over medium heat. Add the garlic, and thyme and stir in. Let the mixure cook for five minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste, a little at a time. Cook over low heat until most of the moiture has steamed out (about five to ten minutes more). Remove the pate' from the pan and into a bowl with a tite fitting lid. Chill until cold. Serve with crackers or toast points. Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North 3 stars 1 reviews