Favorite Chicken?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MochaBean04

Senior Cook
what is your favorite kinda of breading for your chicken? lol i know weird question.

mine is the flour with Bayou spice (Emeril's) with salt pepper garlic seasoning

eggs with milk and a little hot sauce

bread crumbs with more bayou slat pepper garlic

in middle of bakin i pour hot sauce butter mixture over it

very spicy but very good :)

I soak mine in buttermilk with some salt and chili flakes in it. Then just your usual flour and fried. Mmmmm.

Paula Deen's Southern Fried Chicken is awesome!

Another one is take the chicken, coat it in parmesan cheese, then in egg, and then in italian breadcrumbs. Sear on both sides and then place on a cookie sheet with sauce + mozarella cheese. Finally, pop into a 400 degree oven for about 25-30 minutes and weee!

buttermilk marinade (with hot sauce), then crushed corn flakes and parmesan cheese... unbelievable!

All I have ever done is flour it with salt, pepper, and paprika in the flour. I might try one of these other methods, though.

For pan frying or baking pounded chicken breasts (scallopine), I like a 50/50 mixture of panko and grated parmesan, S & P.

Last edited:
Andy M. said:
For pan frying or baking pounded chicken breasts (scallopine), I like a 50/50 mixture of panko and grated parmesan, S & P.

What is panko? I work in a major grocery store, and have never heard of it.

I like to take Hot 'n Spicey Chees-its and crush them up. Soak the chicken pieces overnight in buttermilk, drain well and roll in the crushed crackers. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 26 minutes for boneless and about 42 - 45 minutes for bone in.

This is wonderful with pork chops, turkey, duck, and cheaper cuts of beef, also.

mamabear said:
What is panko? I work in a major grocery store, and have never heard of it.
panko is a type of bread crumbs, they are much chunkier than the ones you are used to, thus when it is fried it produces a very crunchy exterior with more body. They are Japanese products, so you might want to check around the ethnic food section, if you can't find it there try a special shop specializes in imported/international foods.:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom