Fried Chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef Munky

Honey Badger
I just finished up a huge batch of fried chicken for the weekend.It's expected to get up to 102 to 104 degrees.

Fried Chicken:
3 whole chickens cut up (cleaned and placed in a cold bowl of water)
4 cups all purpose flour
1/4 cup onion powder
1/4 cup garlic powder
1/4 cup seasoned salt
1/4 cup black pepper
1/4 cup paprika

Preheat deep fat fryer @350
Prepare a foiled lined cookie sheet,place a rack over it
Have another racked cookie sheet placed in the oven with the light on.

Dredge the chicken in the seasoned flour.Place it on the rack.
Let them sit on the rack for 30 minutes.Or until the flour starts to absorb the moisture. Dredge them again and fry.The larger pieces first.Cook until it's juices run clear.
When fully cooked place them on the rack that's been in the oven.
Keeping the light on will keep the chicken crispy,and not dry it out.Or refrigerate.It's up to y'all :) Mine hardly ever get that far.

It can also be frozen,then reheated in the oven at a later time.
Place it on a cookie sheet.Oven temp @350 cook for 40 minutes or until hot.

Enjoy
Munky.

Click the pictures to enlarge.

Oh Boy that looks great. I do the same seasoning except for i put the chix in buttermilk for 30 min.

Good way to stay cool and enjoy, fried chicken, potatoe salad and big glass of ice tea or lemonade.

Woo-Hoo that looks good. Drool, Drool--The chicken leg is my favorite piece of fried chicken.

Gorgeous chicken! Sounds like a tasty recipe, too. Is that seasoned salt like Lawry's?

Thanks all..But I can't take any credit for the pics.
My youngest son who's really into photography took them for me.He has that special eye.

Anyhoooo enjoy! :)

Munky.

Gorgeous chicken! Sounds like a tasty recipe, too. Is that seasoned salt like Lawry's?
I used "Mojave" it's to me the same taste of "Schilling" In my area it only comes in the large restaurant size containers.

Munky.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom