"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Chicken, Turkey & other Fowl

Old 11-15-2012, 06:06 PM   #11
Executive Chef

i'd like to compliment your balls, pac, but schweddy keeps getting in the way (giggling as i type).... :)

Old 11-15-2012, 07:04 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
i'd like to compliment your balls, pac, but schweddy keeps getting in the way (giggling as i type).... :)
Pete makes some good balls, too.
(I've heard)

Old 11-15-2012, 08:12 PM   #13
Head Chef

looks great, pac.. i remember making those .. i think i used shredded cheddar ...
that might have helped with the binding .. the blue cheese is a nice touch ...
Old 11-15-2012, 08:17 PM   #14
Head Chef

Chicken's don't have balls! Roosters do! Sorry I could't help it!
Old 11-15-2012, 09:29 PM   #15
Head Chef

The title of this one reminded me of a time at a restaurant in Pismo Beach, CA. I was sitting at the bar having a late lunch. Two ladies were sitting just down the bar from us. They ordered the turkey nuts from the bar menu. They ate the first basket in no time (small basket) and ordered another. When the second one came they started eating them but a bit slower. They asked the bartender what were the turkey nuts made from? He answered turkey nuts. They got a funny look on there faces. Continued to eat... When the basket was almost empty they asked again which part of the turkey the nuts came from. The bar tender grabbed the part and said the NNNUUUUTTTTSSS. One of the ladies ran to the bathroom.........
Old 11-15-2012, 09:30 PM   #16
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

What if you made it with raw minced or ground chicken?
Old 11-15-2012, 09:47 PM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I liked your second recipe name, Pac.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:02 PM   #18
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
What if you made it with raw minced or ground chicken?

is this a feint?
Old 11-15-2012, 10:04 PM   #19
Executive Chef

then, i guess they'd be crushed balls....
Old 11-15-2012, 10:09 PM   #20
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

actually, I thought they might stick together better when frying.

Tags
chicken, recipe

Fried Chicken Balls I saw a forum member make these before (L2Q), I tried them and liked them, and last night I had another go at them, changing up the ingredients somewhat. Another name for them could be Bleu Buffalo Balls :angel:, as they have bleu cheese in them and Frank's Buffalo wing sauce. And celery. Basically I combined all the things that make Buffalo wings Buffalo wings; chicken, Buffalo wing sauce, celery and blue cheese. If you've never tried Frank's Buffalo Wing Sauce give it a go. It comes ready to use with that buttery taste built in :yum: There wasn't any real recipe I followed. You might say I pretty much winged it :rolleyes: (sorry) Season and cook some chicken. Or pull apart some already cooked chicken. We aren't exactly talking a gourmet meal here. [ATTACH]16324[/ATTACH] I shredded the breast I used using two forks, then rocked a knife through it several times to mince it even finer. [ATTACH]16325[/ATTACH] Add your ingredients to a bowl; the chicken, diced celery, crumbled blue cheese and enough sauce to coat well. Mix well with a fork or spoon. If you added too much sauce don't worry, you can squeeze it out when you form the balls. [ATTACH]16326[/ATTACH] The tricky part is forming the balls. I might add some bread crumbs next time to help bind things better, but it's doable. You just need to be gentle. These are golf ball sized, but smaller would be better. Even fried they don't hold together well when biting into one. Next time I'll make them bite sized. [ATTACH]16327[/ATTACH] Coat the balls in flour, egg, then panko crumbs. Just roll them around in the breading ingredients and do the best you can. [ATTACH]16328[/ATTACH] Fry until golden brown. In this case I made with fries, so it worked out well. I put the cut fries into the cold oil and by the time the oil was hot enough for the balls (350-360F or so), the fries were done :smile: [ATTACH]16329[/ATTACH] 3 stars 1 reviews