"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Chicken, Turkey & other Fowl

Old 04-07-2009, 09:08 PM   #1
Honey Badger

Good Chicken

Good Chicken

4 Large boneless chicken breasts
(Mcnerd's Seasoned Croutons) http://www.discusscooking.com/forums...r-56419-2.html

1 cup Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon paprika
2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
dash of salt & pepper
1 stick of salted butter
3 tablespoons of lemon juice
2 cloves of fresh chopped garlic

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees

Crush the croutons into fine breadcrumbs.
Place them into a large bowl.
Add Parmesan,paprika,parsley flakes,salt & pepper to the breadcrumbs.Stir thoroughly.Set aside.

In a medium saucepan, on medium heat.Melt the butter,add the garlic and lemon juice. Reduce the heat to low.Simmer 5 minutes.
Remove from heat.

In a large oven safe baking dish 9x13.Add just enough vegetable oil to cover the bottom of it.About 1/4 cup.

Dredge the chicken breasts into the butter cover completely.Then dredge the breasts into the seasoned breadcrumbs,place into a large oil lined baking dish.
Drizzle the remaining butter over the top.

Bake @ 350 degree oven for 40 minutes or until the chicken is done,juices run clear,and the top is crispy.

Munky.

Old 04-08-2009, 08:15 PM   #2
Master Chef

That recipe sounds really good Munky! What kind of sides did you have? I think roasted potatoes and corn would be the usual favorites.

Personally, I think Au Gratin potatoes and green beans, cooked with bacon, are great sides too.

If one can't find those croutons, I'm sure you can use regular croutons, can't you?

Old 04-08-2009, 09:14 PM   #3
Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Bean View Post
That recipe sounds really good Munky! What kind of sides did you have? I think roasted potatoes and corn would be the usual favorites.

Personally, I think Au Gratin potatoes and green beans, cooked with bacon, are great sides too.

If one can't find those croutons, I'm sure you can use regular croutons, can't you?
Your ideas sound terrific!
I just made it for dinner,with twice baked potatoes.Veggies are good..
The recipe I modified.It would normally call for 1 box of croutons,I would have used Mrs Cubbison's Cheese and Garlic.It would be enough to coat 4 large chicken breasts.But after making Mcnerds Croutons,I was asked not to use the store bought next time..My boys are picky..

Mcnerd's Seasoned Croutons can be found in the canning section, Under Excalibur..page 2.It's a breeze to make.Well worth it for this recipe.
I knew I should have posted it here...

Munky.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:47 PM   #4
Master Chef

Here is the link to McNerd's crouton recipe - done in the oven, not a food dehydrator.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:39 PM   #5
Assistant Cook

Thanks Munky, I might try this tonight. :)
Old 04-21-2009, 06:32 PM   #6
Assistant Cook

Alright I did try it. Did the croutons up this afternoon and they came out pretty good. Then this evening I did the chicken. Naturally I did wing it a little bit but basically followed the recipe as stated. Cut the amounts in half...I baked the chicken breasts in a pair of nice Corning boats that we have so we each had our own portions.

Results: Not bad at all. My wife was not quite as enthusiastic as I was but she did like it. I think maybe I should have added a touch more lemon and gone a little heavier on the spices and garlic but all in all I was very pleased. The chicken was very moist and tender, not dried out at all and I was particularly happy about that part. Forty minutes was right on the money timewise. If I do it again I would probably hit the top under the broiler for a minute of two to encourage a touch more browning.

Thanks again Munky! :-)
Old 04-21-2009, 07:59 PM   #7
Sous Chef

Thanks for these recipes! I'm off tomorrow, so i'll make the croutons tomorrow afternoon and the rest in the evening. I've never made croutons before so it might be interesting. This sounds like a great recipe, i'll let you know how it turns out.
Old 04-25-2009, 04:05 PM   #8
Sous Chef

It was YUMMMMMY! Definetly a keeper. Thanks Chef Munky!
Old 07-22-2009, 09:47 PM   #9
Senior Cook

"The chicken is cooked perfectly"

Munky I made this recipe tonight and everyone really loved it! I used bread crumbs as I did not have croutons (or bread to make any with). And I subbed Herbs de Province (rosemary, fennel, thyme, savory, basil, tarragon, dill, oregano, lavender, chervil, marjoram) for the parsley...I know, quite the sub for parsley but I just didn't have it and I wanted to use something that wouldn't be too overpowering in any direction. Otherwise, I followed it and it turned out great!

It worked perfectly for a quick supper with family and I served it with mashed potatoes and coleslaw.

Thanks for this, I'll be making it again!
Old 07-23-2009, 10:02 AM   #10
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
Jeni, I would have used the Herbes de Provence on purpose!

Just seeing this thread for the first time, and this recipe does sound VERY good.

Tags
None