Gotta try this if you haven't!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We love beer can chicken, and no, it doesn't taste like beer. We always make two at a time, because the leftover meat is so good to use in other dishes.

The Memphis rub is good stuff. We've used it several times. Sometimes, though, Kim has gone with Tony Chacherie's. It's good, too.

Last edited:
I never put any of the rub into the can before....

Glad it came out for you. I prefer Dr Pepper.
For the chicken that is.

pacanis, Buck and I always put some of the rub into the can. Helps to flavor the inside of the chicken.

LOL but be warned....
The first time I made it, my FIL helped me rub down and stuff the chickens, we made 5 of them for Labor Day.
But anyway, he didn't dump (drink) enough out of the cans, and put too much rub in the can, and he had red beer foam all over my kitchen! It was so funny! :LOL:
Until he went outside and I cleaned it up...... :ermm:

pacanis, Buck and I always put some of the rub into the can. Helps to flavor the inside of the chicken.

Like usual, I take the hard way. I take any leftover rub and rub the inside of the bird. And I do not like handling raw chicken!
I like yours and suzi's way much better :)

Question about this...

I got my chicken, rinsed it, rubbed the spices on it, and my DH realized we had no Charcoal. I really want to wait and do it on the grill like it says to, so can i just keep it in the fridge until maybe tomorrow? Do i need to cover it with something?

I would cover it..
but how old is the chicken?
It really doesn't taste much different in the oven. Just a teeeeny bit.

Stick the chiken into a plastic bag, squeeze out as much air as possible, then stick it in the refrigerator until tomorrow and pretend you're marinating it.

Back
Top Bottom