Grilled Chicken with Honey-Curry Powder-Soy Sauce Marinade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GotGarlic

Chef Extraordinaire
Grilled Chicken with Honey-Curry Powder-Soy Sauce Marinade

2 lbs. bone-in, skin-on chicken
1/2 cup clear honey
2 tsp. curry powder
2 tsp. soy sauce
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup vegetable oil

Whisk all marinade ingredients together in a small saucepan and heat over low heat till well combined. Cool. Season chicken with salt and pepper and loosen skin with fingers, to allow marinade to reach the meat. Pour marinade over chicken and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.

Saute, grill or bake till internal temp reaches 160 degrees F. When grilling or sauteeing, use indirect or medium-low heat or the sugar in the honey will burn.

Last edited:
So..... guess what I'm having for dinner tonight!
It sounds great, thank you!

You know, I don't know :) I got the recipe from someone else and just copied it. I don't think it matters. You can just use whatever you normally buy.

I haven't tried it with boneless, as I think chicken has more flavor when it's cooked with the bone still in, but it should work. If you cook it on a Hibachi, watch it closely to prevent the sugar in the honey from burning.

Got, I made this last night, it was sooo easy and OMG - it was fantastic. Husband licked the plate dry. I served it with Basmati rice, made the marinade into a reduction and added a little cornflour and served with steamed peppered veges. It was absolutely lovely!!!!

tks so much

That's great, I'm so glad you all and your families are enjoying it so much :) Thanks for letting me know.

Cath, I like the idea of reducing the marinade to make a sauce. I've always hated throwing out the marinade, because it has so much flavor - I'll definitely do that next time.

I made ginger confetti rice....
I chop up a roasted red peper, a couple scallions, a TB or so of minced gresh ginger,
a TB or so of sesame oil..... add to 3 or 4 cups of hot cooked rice.
A coconut rice would be good too.

I have a question about this recipe... how can I make the marinade into a sauce like some have talked about? Is this when I mix corn starch and water to thicken it? Or do I just boil it till it becomes thick...? Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom