"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Chicken, Turkey & other Fowl

Old 03-03-2011, 10:29 PM   #1
Head Chef

Grilled Sticky Chicken

6 tablespoons of Low-Sodium Soy Sauce
6 tablespoons water
1/2 cup white vinegar
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
6 boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into 4 strips each

Mix together all of the ingredients except the chicken breast until the sugar has dissolved. Put the chicken strips into a 9 x 13 glass baking dish and pour the marinade over the chicken. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

If you are using wooden skewers (you will need 12 skewers), you will need to soak the skewers in water for at least an hour so that they don't catch fire when grilling.

Remove the chicken from the marinade and put the marinade in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to simmer and simmer until mixture becomes thick like syrup.

Weave 2 chicken strips onto each skewer. Grill over medium heat, turning often so that it doesn't burn. The chicken will only take a few minutes on each side to cook if you don't cut your strips to thick. During the last few minutes of grilling, brush with the thickened marinade.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	grilled-sticky-chicken.jpg
Views:	523
Size:	118.7 KB
ID:	10133  

Old 03-04-2011, 06:27 AM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Thanks, Mama. I printed out a copy. I'd like to try it with some beef.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 08:31 AM   #3
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Copied and pasted! Thanks, Mama!
Old 03-04-2011, 09:41 AM   #4
Head Chef

Y'all are welcome! Let me know how you like it if you decide to try it!
Old 03-04-2011, 11:24 AM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

I like the way you weaved them onto the skewers. It makes it look kind of funky... like maybe it's cat or something

Very nice Mama
Old 03-04-2011, 11:45 AM   #6
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
I like the way you weaved them onto the skewers. It makes it look kind of funky... like maybe it's cat or something

Very nice Mama
Old 03-04-2011, 11:54 AM   #7
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:

Very nice Mama
Don't mind him Mama, he has his mind on doggie treats!
Old 03-04-2011, 04:12 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama View Post
6 tablespoons of Low-Sodium Soy Sauce
6 tablespoons water
1/2 cup white vinegar
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
6 boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into 4 strips each

Mix together all of the ingredients except the chicken breast until the sugar has dissolved. Put the chicken strips into a 9 x 13 glass baking dish and pour the marinade over the chicken. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

If you are using wooden skewers (you will need 12 skewers), you will need to soak the skewers in water for at least an hour so that they don't catch fire when grilling.

Remove the chicken from the marinade and put the marinade in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to simmer and simmer until mixture becomes thick like syrup.

Weave 2 chicken strips onto each skewer. Grill over medium heat, turning often so that it doesn't burn. The chicken will only take a few minutes on each side to cook if you don't cut your strips to thick. During the last few minutes of grilling, brush with the thickened marinade.

Thanks Mama, it's cooking right now only change I made was adding som fresh grated ginger to the marinade. House smells like heaven.
kadesma
Old 03-04-2011, 09:23 PM   #9
Sous Chef

I would like to try chicken drummettes with the sticky sauce....what do you folks think?
Old 03-04-2011, 09:35 PM   #10
Executive Chef

Quote:

Very nice Mama
I made some chicken this weekend on skewers and my family asked if it was snake!

Tags
chicken, recipe

Grilled Sticky Chicken 6 tablespoons of Low-Sodium Soy Sauce 6 tablespoons water 1/2 cup white vinegar 1 cup brown sugar 1/2 cup white sugar 1 teaspoon garlic powder 1 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into 4 strips each Mix together all of the ingredients except the chicken breast until the sugar has dissolved. Put the chicken strips into a 9 x 13 glass baking dish and pour the marinade over the chicken. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. If you are using wooden skewers (you will need 12 skewers), you will need to soak the skewers in water for at least an hour so that they don't catch fire when grilling. Remove the chicken from the marinade and put the marinade in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to simmer and simmer until mixture becomes thick like syrup. Weave 2 chicken strips onto each skewer. Grill over medium heat, turning often so that it doesn't burn. The chicken will only take a few minutes on each side to cook if you don't cut your strips to thick. During the last few minutes of grilling, brush with the thickened marinade. 3 stars 1 reviews