Ground Chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

getoutamykitchen

Master Chef
Anybody have any good recipes using ground chicken. I done chicken fried chicken and it wasn't bad. I just don't enjoy frying. I've bad chicken patties and broiled them in the oven and they were o.k. But I can't seem to find any recipes that sound good.

Hi - love your name!

With my ground chicken I like to do patties with:

teriyaki sauce
pineapple juice
spring onions
water chestnuts
salt/pepper
I probably put some parsley or cilantro in there too - can't remember now

Very flavorful this way. Good luck.

Or - you could look up some lettuce wrap recipes - soy sauce, cornstarch, spring onion, a bit of sugar, chopped shiitaki mushrooms, hot Chinese mustard, etc., etc. - sautee and serve using a lettuce leaf as your "bun".

I've used ground chicken with noodles. I would cook the ground chicken, with salt, pepper, minced garlic. After browning the chicken, then add cream of chicken soup , cooked noodles, heat thoroughly. Sometimes I would add peas to the mix . You can use any cream soup.

Hi - love your name!

With my ground chicken I like to do patties with:

teriyaki sauce
pineapple juice
spring onions
water chestnuts
salt/pepper
I probably put some parsley or cilantro in there too - can't remember now

Very flavorful this way. Good luck.

Or - you could look up some lettuce wrap recipes - soy sauce, cornstarch, spring onion, a bit of sugar, chopped shiitaki mushrooms, hot Chinese mustard, etc., etc. - sautee and serve using a lettuce leaf as your "bun".

Thanks kitchenelf,
The teriyaki and pineapple sounds good.

I've used ground chicken with noodles. I would cook the ground chicken, with salt, pepper, minced garlic. After browning the chicken, then add cream of chicken soup , cooked noodles, heat thoroughly. Sometimes I would add peas to the mix . You can use any cream soup.

I did something like that, but with rice and it was pretty good. Maybe I'll try it with egg noodles. Yum

I did something like that, but with rice and it was pretty good. Maybe I'll try it with egg noodles. Yum

You may need to season more. Remember, it is not just the ground chicken you have to flavor - it is the rice (or noodles), the sauce, every aspect needs flavor.

Let us know what you do and how it turns out!

If it's not too finely ground, you can do many things with it.

make some sausage

meatballs in many varieties--a particularly popular one is buffalo meatballs in the style of buffalo wings

quenelles for soup (season well first of course)

Potstickers or many other asian dumplings

burgers

meatloaf

stuffed vegetables

if you're doing it for health reasons, you may just have to adjust to the taste. if you're not doing it for health reason, why not just stick to ground beef ?

if you're doing it for health reasons, you may just have to adjust to the taste. if you're not doing it for health reason, why not just stick to ground beef ?
Why wouldn't you want to? Chicken and beef taste totally different. Do you only eat one type of food? Variety is the spice of life.

Back
Top Bottom