Ground raw chicken breast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
What can I use this for? Does someone use it in meatloaf? Or has anyone ever heard of this? It looked like ground veal but is ground chicken breast.
thanks.

You can also make a patty (like a hamburger patty), then dip it in an egg wash, then dip it in bread crumbs. Fry or grill, then top with marinara sauce and a slice of good mozzerella. Kind of a different way to make chicken parmesan.

It makes a nice dish called larb. You can make shao mei. Makes good patties with a mushroom gravy. Make meatballs and serve with a Thai red curry sauce.

I've used it to make sweet and sour meatballs. They are very tasty. Think there is a recipe somewhere on here that I have used.

Few more ideas - Potstickers, eggrolls, meatballs, breakfast sausage (season with your favorite seasonings, make into long rolls or into patties and pan fry).

jkath said:
You can also make a patty (like a hamburger patty), then dip it in an egg wash, then dip it in bread crumbs. Fry or grill, then top with marinara sauce and a slice of good mozzerella. Kind of a different way to make chicken parmesan.

Yum! That sounds really good!

I usually sneak it into hamburger helper when I am feeling guilty about feeding it to my honey - makes me feel like at least part of it is good for him! Also, I use ground turkey in many casseroles just because (again), I think it must be healthier.

There's a thai dish that uses this... with nuts, cilantro and lime among other things... i can't remember the name of the dish just now. If anyone experienced in Thai food could help out? I think it also had sprouts and napa cabbage in it, and perhaps some onions.

Thank You

Thanks for suggestions. Now to decide which one? Maybe will have to buy more in the future. Have never seen ground chicken breast before. Do I sound isolated? Trying to expand my knowledge of cooking. I just knew someone would know what I was talking about.

Larb is spicy ground meat salad. Larb Gai is with chicken, Larb Moo is with pork, and Larb Neua is with beef.

ITK, you can make spaghetti bolognese sauce by using ground raw chicken instead of ground beef/pork/veal.

I use it in the meat sauce for spinach stuffed pasta shells, and chili, and lasagna, and I have made sausage with it.

Back
Top Bottom