Ground turkey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chave982

Senior Cook
So I have about 2 lbs. of ground dark/white mix turkey meat. Is there anything I can make with it other than turkey burgers?

You can use it in just about anything that calls for ground beef.

Meatloaf
Tacos
Sloppy Joes
Spaghetti Sauce
Meatballs

etc., etc,

It doesn't have as much flavor , so it generally needs to be pretty well seasoned. Also, it can be combined with ground beef (or other meats).

LOW CARB/LOW FAT MEAT LOAF
1 pound ground beef
1 pound ground turkey
1 cup oatmeal
½ onion, diced
½ bell pepper, diced
2 celery stalks, sliced
2 garlic cloves, pressed
2 eggs
1 Tbs oregano
½ cup tomato sauce
1 Tbs olive oil

Sauté onion, bell pepper, and celery in olive oil until soft. Add garlic and continue to sauté until onions are transparent. Add tomato sauce and simmer on low heat for 30 minutes or more. Whisk eggs in a large bowl. Add ground beef, ground turkey breast, and oregano to bowl, mix thoroughly, then add sauce with onions, garlic, peppers and celery to bowl and combine. Pat tightly into Pyrex loaf pan with a paper towel in bottom. Bake in 375F oven for 1 hour. Makes 8 servings.

Total protein per serving – 17.0g
Total carbs per serving – 3.5g
Total fat per serving – 9.0g

kibbes or middle eastern spiced meat patties, often cooked in a tomato sauce.

a turkey Gyro (greek style) with oregano and lemmon and garlic served in a pita with salad and yogurt sauce.

Italian wedding soup with turkey meatballs

lasagna or moussaka with grnd turkey.

make your own bulk turkey chorizo and freeze portions for later use

go for it

Oh goodness - I don't pass a week without using ground turkey!!!! It's one of our mainstays.

Use it in any recipe that calls for ground beef.

I use ground turkey in my tourtiere and in stuffed cabbage leaves. But as others have said any use for ground meat, period. Meatballs. Pot stickers (and other sorts of pierogi, won ton, ravioli). chili or red meat sauce.

I make sausage with it add some sage, fennel seed, red pepper and salt. It is pretty good. We use it in all of the other stuff mentioned above also. I really like it as well or better than ground beef.

Back
Top Bottom