Half Chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hotstuffers

Assistant Cook
So easiest way to cook chicken in the oven and surprisingly tasty for people without a lot of time or prep. All i do is take a half chicken the is chilled, place on a rake, and add spices over the chicken. I use way to much oregano on everything, but also put a touch of basil over top, when feeling like spice i use cayenne pepper. Then find either a deep cookie pan or trey to put oranges juice, and chopped onions in. Whole idea is the while the orange juice evaporates, the chicken takes on a faint taste of the orange and onion. I do need to apologize as i was taught by old school mothers whom cooked for their families and have gotten into a terrible habit of not writing things down in measurements haha ;) bake in the oven at 350 till ready and serve :yum: takes different amount of time based on weight of chicken.

This sounds great, thanks H :)

We usually bake chicken legs, wings and thighs in the oven...much quicker than a whole chicken, but yes, half a chicken is a great idea too :)

I really like the idea of orange/onion. I think I'll put my split chicken on a bed of sliced whole oranges and sliced onions. I think the orange peel will only add to the flavor of the chicken.
Great idea, and thanks.

Back
Top Bottom