"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Chicken, Turkey & other Fowl

Old 08-12-2006, 07:17 PM   #11
Assistant Cook

well, don't tell my husband, but I might do both. you can order turducken breast (breast of turkey stuffed w/ breast of duck stuffed w/ breast of chicken & intersperced w/ dressing). I might order that and a fried turkey. Since there's more and more people coming.

Old 08-12-2006, 07:35 PM   #12
Master Chef

I think the flavors get a little "blurred" in a turducken - they tend to meld together during cooking so there is not a really destictive seperate Turkey, Duck and Chicken flavor for the most part ... IMHO ... if that is what you expecting - although I do like them!

I've had all of these turduckens (and his stuffed chickens which I absolutely LOVE) but the Cajun Style Turducken is my favorite - Tony Chachere's Turducken and Chicken page. How can you help but love a turkey stuffed with duck breasts and a boneless chicken, stuffed with Cajun rice and crawfish dressing?

You might check your Wal-Mart Supercenter ... that's where I found these. But, they change what they stock depending on how things sell - so you might have to ask about getting them.

Old 08-13-2006, 12:05 PM   #13
Sous Chef

Oh great! Now I'm in BIG trouble! We love Tony's stuff, but I had no idea they had all that. Time for a Cajun dinner - Thank you for the great link.

Tags
None