Healthy Spicy Tofu with Chicken
SPICY TOFU WITH CHICKEN
150gm minced chicken - skin removed
6 Chinese mushrooms - soaked and sliced
100gm green peas
3 cloves garlic - chopped
2 red chillies - pounded
1 cm piece ginger - chopped
1 tsp light soya sauce
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp Chinese wine
Pinch of salt
Dash of pepper
200ml chicken stock or water
2 tsp cornflour
1 tbsp oil
1. Cut tofu into 3 cm cubes. Place on serving dish. Steam for 3 minues.
2. Heat oil. Fry garlic, ginger and chillies till fragrant.
3. Add chicken, Chinese mushrooms and green peas.
4. Add seasoning, stock or water. Thicken with cornflour.
5. Pour mixture over tofu and serve hot.
The proof of the pudding is in the eating!