Help Plz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crackers

Assistant Cook
I bought a whole broasted chicken and then froze it, then i thawed it and then we didn't use all of it so i re-froze it, it that ok? will it be alright to eat it? thank you in advance

Might not taste really wonderful the next time you go to eat it, but it should still be OK. Depends a bit on how you defrosted it and how long it sat out before you refroze it.

Perhaps you could put it in a soup or stew when you go to have it next time.

Hmmmm...what did you do with it once it was thawed? Did you heat it in the oven or microwave? And how long did it sit out AFTER it was thawed? I'm leaning a bit more to the "no" side at the moment.

no: I would think there would be harmful bacteria now in/on the chicken, I would chunk it(imo)

chicken to eat chicken

we just ate it cold and then i refroze it

Hmmmm...got to tell you, that is a bit iffy for me. I think I would eat it if it were in something like a soup that you boiled hard for a bit, but I wouldn't eat it cold. Now...that is JUST my opinion. I'm a pretty hardy sort. If you have kids to consider that would be a different story. I'm also a pretty cheap sort and hate to waste anything.

The best advice is, if you are at all leery, toss it out.

thank you for all your thoughts on subject......trash here it comes, lol. a lessen learned!

Back
Top Bottom