Hoisin chicken wings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

legend_018

Head Chef
ok I'm definetely making this for a party I'm going to on Saturday (get together with the girls I grew up with). However I'm not doing the crock pot method. I want to say put the sauce mix together, pour it all over the wings and bake it in the oven for say 30 minutes or so. I want to do this on Friday.
Than it will have to go into the refrigerator for the night and when I go to the party (noon time), I will broil them.

Should this be ok?

here is the crock pot version:
Dump chicken into crockpot. Add the Hoisin sauce, honey, garlic, ginger, and sesame oil. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours, or on high for 4-5. Stir well to mix flavors.Cook on high for another 30 minutes.

Hmmm. This is a situation where I'm sure there'll be many opinions. Here's mine:

Sprinkle the wings with seasoning (oregano, cayenne pepper, crushed red pepper flakes, garlic powder, etc., etc.) & bake them in a 400-degree oven for 25 minutes. Turn them over, season the 2nd side, & bake for another 20 minutes. Cool & refrigerate wings. AT THE PARTY: Reheat wings in the oven at 400 degrees for approx. 20 minutes, while at the same time heating up the sauce ingredients in a saucepan on the stove. Toss all together & serve.

Your sauce ingredients contain a fair amount of sugar that, in my opinion, will burn unpleasantly if you make them the way you're originally planning to.

Back
Top Bottom