Honey Lime Huli Huli Chicken
- 1 chicken
- 1/2 cup honey
- juice of 3-4 small limes
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp chile sauce
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- salt & pepper to taste
1. Rinse the chicken under cold water. dry with paper towels. Truss it, spatchcock it, or cut it into pieces. Season with salt and pepper. Preheat an oven or grill.
2. Start cooking the chicken in the oven or over the grill--spit or rotisserie grilling is traditional, but use whatever method you like.
3. Meanwhile, make the glaze: combine the honey, lime juice, soy sauce, sugar, chile sauce, & garlic in a saucepan, and simmer over medium - medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until slightly thickened (it will thicken more as it stands), about 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat, pour into a medium bowl, and set aside.
4. Brush the chicken with the glaze during the last 10-15 minutes of cooking. Remove from heat & serve.