Hot Legs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salt and pepper

Executive Chef
24 chicken legs, deep fried or baked ( when baking pre-heat oven to 475 degrees place chicken on a baking sheet with a wire rack and bake for 15 -20 minutes, lower heat to 350 and then bake for another 45 minutes.)

For the sauce:

2 cups "Franks" Hot Sauce
1 stick butter
º
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp celery seed
2 Tbsp cider vinegar
In a sauce pan add all ingredients and bring to a boil, then simmer for 5 minutes stirring constantly. Add chicken to a large mixing bowl pour sauce over chicken and coat well. Add chicken to a plate or platter and pour over remaining sauce.
39817-albums960-picture5654.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think Frank's Hot Sauce is very hot. It's diluted with butter to make it even milder. I usually add some cayenne pepper when I make buffalo wings.

I don't think Frank's Hot Sauce is very hot. It's diluted with butter to make it even milder. I usually add some cayenne pepper when I make buffalo wings.

Right on Andy, not too hot. I made these yesterday for a wake. For myself I'll grind a dried habanaro or add ground chipotle pepper.

Those look fantastic!

I started doing those when the price of wings went out of control!

I know what's on the menu this weekend, just need to pick up a bottle of Marie's chunky blue cheese dressing and a roll of paper towels! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Those look fantastic!

I know what's on the menu this weekend, just need to pick up a bottle of Marie's chunky blue cheese dressing and a roll of paper towels! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

This is a very good point, AB. And legs have a lot more meat. Interesting that they're now cheaper than wings.

These look good as long as they don't swell my lips! I have a story about hot wings I had in Santa Fe...

S&P, I've never made Buffalo wings of any kind so I may as well start with legs. Have you ever cooked the legs on the grill rather than in the oven? Just wondering. Also, no thanks to you I can't get Rod Stewart's voice out of my head...and I'm not the fan in the family. :glare:

Those look fantastic!

Works well with thighs too.

Also, no thanks to you I can't get Rod Stewart's voice out of my head...and I'm not the fan in the family. :glare:

That's what I heard in my head just reading the thread title the first time! These sound interesting but will not be made here! DH doesn't do hot sauce. I would have to sub a sweet honey BBQ instead.

I am so glad this is of chicken!. The words "hot legs" in my former country are of a very different sort of legs!

Those look very good!

Your friend,
~Cat

It looks good! I hope to try this recipe myself soon.

It seems to me that you could choose your preferred hot sauce to get the hotness that you prefer.

Oh no! It is the same here? That is very funny!

Your friend,
~Cat

PS. I shall try those. They look very good!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom