Hot wings.....need recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
Does anyone have a recipe for hot wings. Ok.....I should clarify. I like mine on the hotter side but hubby likes his more mild. So I guess I really need a mild recipe.

I really love the ones that were served at East of Chicago resturant.

Chicken Wings

Here are a couple of my favorites. I was trying to think of what you may have had on the east side of Chicago, may be similar to the Baked Louisiana Chicken Wing recipe below. As far as your hubby is concerned; Serve recipe below with sour cream and really cold beer. He'll be ok. ;-)

Buffalo Style Chicken Wings - The Real Deal
flour
salt and pepper
oil for frying
Original Anchor Bar Sauce
chicken wings
celery stalks
blue cheese dressing

Salt and pepper flour to taste and pour onto a plate. Coat chicken wings in flour. Fry until golden brown, flipping once. Drain and cover with Original Anchor Bar Sauce. Serve hot with celery stalk and blue cheese dressing.

Baked Louisiana Chicken Wings
1 stick of melted butter
1/2 cup Louisiana hot sauce
2 tablespoons honey
chicken wings

Preheat oven to 350 degree F.

Mix together butter, hot sauce and honey. Baste chicken wings using a basting brush and bake for 1 hour, flipping and re-basting after 1/2 hour. Serve hot with celery stalk and blue cheese dressing.

Enjoy,
Bryan

Last edited:
we have found a good bottled wing sauce. Comes hot & mild.

7298000009.jpg

Here is the original recipe created by Ms. Teresa Bellissimo, owner of the Anchor Bar and Restaurant, in Buffalo, NY. It is taken from Totally Hot! The Ultimate Hot Pepper Cookbook.

4-5 Lb Chicken wings
Black Pepper
Salt
4 C Vegetable Oil
4 Tb Butter or margarine (1/2 stick)
5 Tbs Louisiana-brand hot sauce or Tabasco sauce
1 Tbs White Wine Vinegar

Chop off the tip of each chicken wing, and discard it. Chop the wing in half (cutting at the joint) to make 2 pieces. Grind on fresh black pepper and sprinkle with salt if desired.

Heat the oil over high heat in a deep skillet, Dutch oven, or deep-fat fryer until it starts to pop and sizzle (around 400 degrees F). Add half the chicken wings and cook until they're golden and crisp, stirring or shaking occasionally.

When done, remove them to drain on paper towels and cook the remaining wings.

Melt the butter or margarine over medium heat in a heavy saucepan, add the hot sauce and the vinegar. Stir well and remove from the flame immediately.

Place the chicken on a warm serving platter, pour the sauce on top, and serve.

You can make the basic sauce, which is fairly mild and split the batch, then add some Tabasco to a separate batch for yourself.

Thanks everyone! I've only had hot wings 4 times and this last time I vowed I was going to try and make them at home because I absolutely love the lil buggers.

I also just found one in the Barefoot Contessa Family Style Cookbook

BUFFALO CHICKEN WINGS
Makes 32

16 chicken wings (about 3 pounds)
1/4 pound (1 stick) unsalted butter
1 tsp cayenne pepper
4 tsp Franks Hot Sauce or 1 tsp Tabasco Sauce
1 tsp Kosher Salt

For the Dip

1 1/2 c. crumbled gorgonzola or other blue cheese
1 c. good mayonnaise
3/4 c. sour cream
2 Tbsp. milk
3/4 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
3/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper

Celery Stick for serving

Preheat broiler.

Cut the wings in thirds, cutting between the bones. Discard the wing tips. Melt the butter and add the cayenne, hot sauce, and salt. Put the wings on a sheet pan and brush them with the melted butter. Broil them about 3 inches below the heat for 8 minutes. Turn the wings, brush them again with the butter, and broil for 4 more minutes, or until cooked.

For the dip, place the blue cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, milk, worcestershire, salt, and pepper in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Process until smooth.

Serve the chicken wings hot or at room temp. with the blue cheese dip and celery sticks.

Our Favorite Wings

The 2 recipes that my husband & I LOVE are both CopyCat recipes from restaurants:

HOOTER'S BUFFALO WINGS
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon paprika
20 chicken wing sections
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup hot sauce (Frank's Red Hot)
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

Instructions: Combine flour, salt, cayenne, & paprika in a bowl. Coat chicken pcs in mixture. Reserve leftover flour mixture.
Refrigerate coated wings for at least an hour.
Coat wings in flour mixture a second time right before frying.
Deep fry wings in two batches in 375º oil for 13 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
Meanwhile, in a saucepan, heat butter, hot sauce, pepper, & garlic just until butter melts. Keep warm.
Drain cooked wings on paper towels.
Place wings in a large bowl, Pour warm sauce over & toss to coat.
Wings can be frozen and reheated in a 400º oven for 10 minutes.

OUTBACK KOOKABURRA WINGS
1/4 Cup butter
1/3 Cup Crystal Louisiana Hot Sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons taco seasoning
1 1/2 teaspoons Good Seasons Italian Dressing Mix
20 Small wings

Instructions: Heat butter, sauce, & seasonings over medium heat until all flavors are well blended.
Fry wings at 375º for 10 minutes or until crispy.
Toss wings & sauce together.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom