How do you do your chicken?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kung Fu chicken!

img_1511003_0_9b3c3a8e93be3fc6151dcb23819faa0c.png

Addie,

" A rarity but truly adore " .. I agree with you though once in awhile, my two 5 year old grandsons ask me, if I would prepare it ..

I normally roast 2 small to medium size whole chickens so that we have some left overs for chicken salad !!

Have a lovely evening. Late here, 23.10 in the evening ..

Goodnight ..

Thanks for reviving this thread Sagittarius, very interesting. I truly believe this is such a versatile meat. I couldn't begin to think of which is my favourite - love them all.

Only one meal complete fail that I've ever made was from a "Chuck's Day Off" recipe for chicken meatballs - probably just me but it was disastrous - a lot of work, a waste of time and food. tasted horrible.

Sir Loin - LOL - Kung Fu Chicken... here's one for you

oops hit the wrong button
img_1511039_0_34585f29d0b9143f875e5dbffe0bf2d6.jpg

Last edited:
Chicken

Chicken, great topic!
I cook more chicken than any other protein.
Where do I begin?

Shoyu Chicken
Chicken Katsu (it's not Tonkatsu, that's Pork)
Karaage Chicken
Teriyaki Chicken
Greek Spiced Chicken
Pesto Chicken
Chicken Parmesan (great as a sandwich on good crusty bread)
Hoisin BBQ Chicken
Oyster Sauce Chicken
Furikake Crusted Chicken
Stuffed Chicken Breasts ala William Sonoma
Malibu Chicken ala Sizzlers Steakhouse Restaurant
Chicken Saltimbocca
Chicken Fajita
Chicken Tacos
Chicken and Green Chile New Mexico Style Enchiladas
Chicken Pot Pie
Chicken Tortilla Soup
Chicken with 40 Cloves of Garlic
Chicken Long Rice (it's a soup)
Chicken Chili my way
Guava Chicken, a staple in Hawaii

I'll stop now, or I'll be here all night :LOL:

For whole chicken, Chef John had a recipe that just used kosher salt all over the chicken. That was it. I tried it and I love it!

Occasionally, I'll throw a whole chicken in the crock pot. The meat gets so tender the bones just fall out, but the chicken falls apart while I try to get it out of the crock pot, so the presentation isn't very pretty. On the other hand, it's just me, so who cares? LOL The only thing I don't like about crock pot chicken is there's no way you can eat the skin. I usually just toss it and I miss crispy skin.

For whole chicken, Chef John had a recipe that just used kosher salt all over the chicken. That was it. I tried it and I love it!

Occasionally, I'll throw a whole chicken in the crock pot. The meat gets so tender the bones just fall out, but the chicken falls apart while I try to get it out of the crock pot, so the presentation isn't very pretty. On the other hand, it's just me, so who cares? LOL The only thing I don't like about crock pot chicken is there's no way you can eat the skin. I usually just toss it and I miss crispy skin.

Try sauteing the skin in some butter or olive oil until crispy. Worth a try. I too love the crunch of crispy chicken skin!

The only thing I don't like about crock pot chicken is there's no way you can eat the skin. I usually just toss it and I miss crispy skin.

When I use a preparation that doesn't result in crispy skin, I put the skin on a rack in the toaster oven to crisp it up :yum: Can't waste chicken skin :chef:

Once when we were staying in a vacation condo, we bought a whole chicken at the grocery, and all the condo had was salt and pepper. I had forgotten how wonderful just plain S&P oven roast chicken could be!

Once when we were staying in a vacation condo, we bought a whole chicken at the grocery, and all the condo had was salt and pepper. I had forgotten how wonderful just plain S&P oven roast chicken could be!

Back to basics... I don 't know if its an age thing but, I find myself shying away from many recipes and going back to simple preparation.. The down side is that it can be boring when presenting dishes in a forum environment... The upside is bringing back the simple tastes of an earlier time...

Ross

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom