I had Pressed Duck!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
akwx said:
If you're talking about eating Chinese BBQ Duck, pressed or otherwise, then you would be missing the best tasting part of the duck--the bones; wherefore is the seasoning?

I kno nothin' 'bout spatchcocking, or the likes. All's I kno's dat u needed a spell check.

You EAT the bones???????:huh: :huh: :)

Or are you meaning how much tastier flesh becomes when cooked on the bone?:ermm:

buckytom said:
sorry akwx, it appeared you knew something about spatchcocking, having posted a definition.

ok, corrected for spelling. i hate ergonomic keyboards. i'm not in my office tonight.

btw, wouldn't it be the "two types of pressed duck", not ducks.

and steamed, not steam rice.

glass houses, you know...

Tis' not a case of glass houses; t'was in YT's original posting dat he bracketed a "(sp?)". I simply wanted to convey to all the readers the dictionary's meaning of the word; since I have it handy; no offence intended.

Last edited:
no offense taken. hope none given as well.
it appeared you were pointing out my spelling errors (i mispelled pheasant and spatchcocking). i was just bored and up for an intellectual challenge. :)

everyone is always so afraid to disagree with each other, even if done intelligently. when they do finally speak up, it often goes right to nuke-u-lar confrontation. it's ok to tell me i'm wrong, or being a jerk, if the feeling should so strike you.

as you can see, we try not to correct each other's spelling and grammar too much 'round here.

lol, i had to look at the word misspelled a few times. it deosn't look right with 2 s's.

anyway, back to the thread.

does anyone know if spatchcocking involves removing bones? is pressed duck spatchcocked?

(yes, i could look it up, but then that kills my segue back to pressed duck)

Lynan said:
You EAT the bones???????:huh: :huh: :)

Or are you meaning how much tastier flesh becomes when cooked on the bone?

I do mean both:

1. To the Chinese gastronomic connoisseur, chewing the juices out of the bones of a BBQ duck is a delight. :D I was always curious of the different number of spices used in the BBQ duck marinade. Whenever I shop for this delicacy at the BBQ house, I've always made sure it is served with a small pouch of the juice from the roasting.

2. In most Chinese cuisine, cooking meat with the bones left on, or seafood such as lobster, shrimp & crab with the shell on, usually yields better taste.

So, I’m digging through the chicken archives here at DC looking for something to do with a cut-up chicken for tonight's dinner....and I came across this thread. I’ve never heard of pressed duck before!!!

Wow.....and I found a site with detailed pictures on the preparation. It doesn't appear to be for the squimish (my DW would never sit through this) but I'd try it!

Illustrated Pressed Duck.

That sounds lovely! I just looked at the illustrated presed duck link Keltin put up.It's really interesting.I'd never heard of pressed duck before,I think I'd like to try it,but the darkness of the sauce and lack of colour on the plate is almost off putting,however I can imagine the flavour is just mind blowing.

You definately made a fine choice. I simply love Duck, and now my quest is to find it pressed. (rhyme!)

keltin said:
So, I’m digging through the chicken archives here at DC looking for something to do with a cut-up chicken for tonight's dinner....and I came across this thread. I’ve never heard of pressed duck before!!!

Wow.....and I found a site with detailed pictures on the preparation. It doesn't appear to be for the squimish (my DW would never sit through this) but I'd try it!

Illustrated Pressed Duck.

Speaking of the "blood" in this most exquisite French cuisne of le canard à la presse; congealed animal "blood" is ofen considered as a delicacy in Chinese cuisine. As such, I would be delighted to sit through this fine dining experience! :rolleyes:

Upon viewing, it would take some gusto to go for this dish. But I definately believe I would have to given the situation.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom