"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Chicken, Turkey & other Fowl

Old 11-21-2007, 08:08 PM   #11
Sous Chef

mmm chicken livers. Chicken Liver Pate`?

Old 11-21-2007, 09:26 PM   #12
Master Chef

Kadesma and Katie... I have never thought about flouring and frying... it sounds absolutely wonderful. I love the taste that they get when I roast them in chicken drippings, so I can only imagine that seasoned flour, salt and pepper, evoo and butter would be just absolutely sinful!!!

Rom.. I don't think I have ever had Pate', this would definately be a new taste for me!

The other thing that amazes me is the difference between cow's liver and chicken liver. Maybe it was the way my parents prepared it, but I never remembered it tasting good. I came across chicken livers by accident. Since they usually come with whole chickens, I just tossed them in and was hooked!

Old 11-21-2007, 10:18 PM   #13
Sous Chef

Oh Chicken Liver Pate is like YUM i have the best recipe i found, will see if ic an find it again. My bf who is certainly not a liver fan loves it.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:19 PM   #14
Master Chef

Is it served hot or cold? Heck, I will try anything once and it sounds good. Yea, if you can dig up the recipe, I would love to have it. Hopefully you can give me some ideas on how to serve it?
Old 11-21-2007, 10:27 PM   #15
Sous Chef

Can you tell me if this link works?
Chicken Liver Pate - Cooking with Clive :: Recipe :: ABC Mid North Coast NSW i found it from another post -> http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f7/wine-cheese-tasting-party-please-help-37866.htmlI made from ages ago. But at work I can't access the page LOL

Um its like a spread, you can buy these at the store and they have that jelly yuk stuff on it lol
served as you make it is ok, its probably easier to spread lol

Just spread it on crackers the first time i made it my bf got a bread roll and spread a chunk of it all over lol and devoured it. It lasts a few days and goes hard if u leave it in the fridge and try to eat it straight away LOL i had to get rid of it cos i made too much so i spread it on puff pastry, rolled it and put it in the oven, they were pretty good.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:05 PM   #16
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieD View Post
The absolutely wondeful chicken liver comes when you sautee some onions in butter when onins are half done add livers + salt and pepper, and 5 minutes lattere your liver is done. It is absolutely should not be overcooked.
Then of course there is always famous choped liver, if you are interested in spending time.
Agree with Charlie here.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:10 PM   #17
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by sattie View Post
Is it served hot or cold? Heck, I will try anything once and it sounds good. Yea, if you can dig up the recipe, I would love to have it. Hopefully you can give me some ideas on how to serve it?
I don't make my own chicken liver pate (the Jewish type nor the commercial type) but the pate Rom is talking about is yum. Almost all of the pates that are commercially made here (except vegetarian and seafood) have chicken livers as their primary ingredient.

You serve it on bread, toast or crackers - cold, but I also like to stir it through scrambled eggs as they cook for something different, or topping a baked potato in its jacket. Sometimes I'll have a pate and cheese (cheddar) sandwich. And you can always use it in beef wellington instead of the mushroom pate.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:23 PM   #18
Sous Chef

through scrambled eggs, what a great idea!
Old 11-21-2007, 11:25 PM   #19
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rom View Post
through scrambled eggs, what a great idea!
Even better when you grab one of the seafood or vegetarian pates or dips. Very yum then!
Old 11-21-2007, 11:51 PM   #20
Head Chef

Y'all have such great ideas.

Usually buy a tub of the suckers on the eve of Thanksgiving and Christmas - forgot today, rats.

Just clean them up a tad, saute bacon cut up, onions, and garlic chives from the garden, add the livers, toss in some sort of sherry like booze with a touch of sweetness.

This is the treat for the cook.

Nothing fancy but it sure tastes good.

Tags
None