Impress your friends

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Addie

Chef Extraordinaire
Remember those quail eggs? Well, today on Martha's Cooking Class (Martha Stewart PBS) she had a chef who took 30 quail eggs, broke them all into a bowl together, dumped them very gently into the simmering liquid and poached them for a very short time. He then plunged them into an ice bath and immediately removed them. As he was removing them he removed all the whites with his fingers. Martha of course had to make hers very perfect and trimmed them with kitchen shears. He then placed a yolk on a small round whole grain cracker and topped with cavier. Now there's something you can serve to all your hoity toity friends. Tell them you were served them when you were invited to dinner at Downton Abby. :angel:

I just had a very nice egg fried in bacon grease and served by an ogre...heaven, none of that fancy stuff for me! And I WAS impressed:LOL::angel:

I have never tried a quail egg or a scotch egg..Steve said scotch eggs are really nice

I've seen quail eggs at the organic market, and on some menus. Never tried them. i think they look cute. Would make a tasty one bite devilled eggs for a party.

oddly enough, the only quail eggs that i've ever had were raw in gunkan style sushi. delicious, nonetheless.

I like making Scotch Eggs with quail eggs. Yummo!

Addie this sounds lovely but I'm afraid caviar is way out of my budget! I'll try it with salmon roe :)

Back
Top Bottom