Is cooking a turkey on it's breast best?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

notjustamom

Assistant Cook
I cooked a fabulous turkey about five years ago, so moist, how I wish I'd kept that recipe! I am pretty sure I started it out on it's breast, and flipped it over partway through the cooking. I didn't cook it on it's breast the whole time, because I wanted it to brown. I also remember pouring chicken broth in the pan, which I think helped to keep it moist. Does anyone prefer to cook their turkey this way? I had been considering brining the turkey this year, but now I'm leaning towards this method instead. I'm on a mission to recreate that perfect turkey. :chef:

I can't help you, Barb. I've always cooked my turkey breast up and I've been cooking turkeys for many, many years. However, I've been brining mine for quite a few years now and will continue because of the great results. Our turkeys are always moist and juicy.

There are many ways to cook a turkey that will give you good results. Moist meat has more to do with not overcooking than turkey position.

This is the recipe/process I use. It works well and results in a tasy and moist turkey.

Back
Top Bottom