ISO Chicken Chilli Recipe...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jerseyjay14

Senior Cook
So we are trying to clean out the freezer and we still have a ton of chicken breast left. I've tried to mix it up (cutlets, stuffed breasts, rolls, soup, crusted, etc...) but its starting to get a bit stale...

so i want to make a chicken chilli, which i feel will be a bit different. I've never made it before, so i was hoping some of you guys at DC could help me out :chef:

I have:

- plenty of chicken breast
- Chilli Powder
- Kidney Beans
- plenty of roma tomatoes
- plenty of fresh herbs and spices
- a plethora of fresh cheeses

i can also probably get whatever i need but this is what i have to work with

This is the one I use, jersey. Just made some the other night -great! White Chicken Chili Recipe at Epicurious.com

Just sub the kidney beans for the navy beans and make a "brown and white" chili. I would definitely get some green chilis to add in there, though. I also add some chopped garlic, natch.

Lee

chicken chili

So we are trying to clean out the freezer and we still have a ton of chicken breast left. I've tried to mix it up (cutlets, stuffed breasts, rolls, soup, crusted, etc...) but its starting to get a bit stale...

make your reg. chili just put chicken instead ground beef. taste of home 2005 has escellent white chili, using chicken and only white beans, then just your regular seasonins.

babe

so i want to make a chicken chilli, which i feel will be a bit different. I've never made it before, so i was hoping some of you guys at DC could help me out :chef:

I have:

- plenty of chicken breast
- Chilli Powder
- Kidney Beans
- plenty of roma tomatoes
- plenty of fresh herbs and spices
- a plethora of fresh cheeses

i can also probably get whatever i need but this is what i have to work with
typed my response in wrong place, sorry, lol.

babe

James' Chicken Chilli

Brown the chicken meat(5 or 6 breasts) in a pan and set aside - you could deglaze the pan with a bit of booze to get some flavour out of the bottom if you like add it to the chicken. Clean the pan out or use a new one.

Now in the dry pot dry toast 2 teaspoons each of ground cumin, cumin seeds and cayenne pepper(or a hot chilli powder). When these are smelling really good add enough olive oil to cover the bottom of the pan and combine the spices into the oil.

Next step is to sweat some vegetables: 2 chopped while onions, 2 chopped green bell peppers, 6 chopped large sticks of celery, 2 chopped carrots. Do this until soft.

Add at least 8 cloves of garlic and 2 de-seeded fresh green chillis and combine with the veg for a few minutes before adding back the chicken and the results of any deglazing you may have done.

Now add a couple of tablespoons of tomato puree and combine and let the puree cook out.

Herbs: 2 table spoons of dried oregano and some sprigs of fresh time. I also add chopped corriander root too.

Now had a jar of passata or 2 tins of choppped tomatoes and then the secret ingrediant a bottle or can of beer. Can be anything you like, but a bottle of miller or budweiser is fine, last time I used a can of Carling!

Bring this to the boil, season with salt and pepper, then let it simmer on the hob for an hour.

After an hour check the seasoning. Correct if needed, if it's tasting not quite right add some sugar - I find this helps - stir in and see the difference it makes, I find a few teaspoons bring out the flavours.

Now add 1 can of red kidney beans. You can add a 2nd can if you like, but I like to use a different bean for the 2nd tin usually pinto or borlotti.

Cook this for another 15 minutes or so and it should be done. Stir in some chopped fresh corriander at the end and sav some for garnish.

Server on rice or on tortillia chips, backed potatatoes, chips or just in a bowl on it's own. Garnish with some dollops of sour cream!

Even better reheated for the next few days!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom