ISO - Chicken Fillet Recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JamesP.

Assistant Cook
I'm interested in starting to cook some.

I'm considering my 1st dish to be stuffed chicken fillet.
Has anyone any ideas what to stuff withing the fillet?
Also what kind of sauce is good with chicken?

And what to serve it with alongside.
And how to decorate it...

Very beginner questions

I would be very grateful for any ideas or sugegstions for me.
Many thanks,

James.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can stuff them and wrap them in Parma ham or breadcrumbs , but a favourite of mine is to bash them out thin and then dust in seasoned flour, then beaten eggn then seasoned breadcrumbs (I add cayenne pepper and Parmesan) . You van then shallow fry or bake in the oven . Great with a nice big mixed salad or potato salad, coleslaw .

A simple "starter" filling ..... stuffing!! Just make your favorite stuffing recipe and use it as your filling.

Quick and easy stuffing to use as filling for chicken breast or pork chops:

chopped onion to taste (try 1 or 2 TBS to start)
chopped celery to taste (try 1 or 2 TBS to start)
2 TBS butter
salt
ground pepper
poultry seasoning
1 cup herb seasoned stuffing 'cubes"
1/3 cup chicken broth/stock OR 1/3 hot water with dry chicken boullion added to get a nice chicken flavor (about 1/8 tsp)

In pot: Sauté onion and celery in butter till soft.
Season with salt, pepper and poultry seasoning to taste.
Add broth to pot and bring to boil. Turn heat off.
Add stuffing cubes and mix well to moisten.

Let cool then use to stuff 4 breasts or 4 chops.

I like chicken pan gravy either plain or with lemon added for a little kick.

Last edited:
I would guess that by "fillet", you are talking about bnls/skls breast? Since you're dealing with little to no fat, I would try to get some schmaltz to saute with. This will leave you with some pretty tasty pan dripping that you can turn into a sauce. Once you pull your chicken to rest, put your skillet back over medium heat and add a Tbsp or so of flour. Wisk to mix in the flour and cook to remove the raw flour taste. While wisking, add some white wine and dijon mustard. While continuing to wisk, add some chicken stock and bring to a boil. The sauce will not reach its thickest until brought to a boil. Add more stock if too thick. S&P to taste.

For sides, I like sprouts, broccoli, carrots and green beans. Basically, a single green vegi or vegi combo.;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom