ISO Chicken Salad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mickey_72

Assistant Cook
My wife normally doesn't like chicken salad but she had some she liked. I was able to find out what some of the baisc ingreadents are.

Does anyone of a recipe with the following (or should I just attempt to mix to taste):
Chicken
mayonnaise
celery
lemon juice
onion powder
garlic powder
white pepper
parlsey

here's one of Paula Deen's - it's pretty close to your ingredients, and should give you a good place to begin and/or subsititute.

Jamie's Chicken Salad

1 (3-pound) chicken
Salt and pepper
1 onion, quartered
2 celery stalks
1 cup chopped celery
4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
2 teaspoons seasoning salt (suggested: Jane's mixed up Krazy salt)
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 to 3 tablespoons chicken stock

Place the chicken along with the salt, pepper, onion, and celery stalks in a large stock pot. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer until the chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken from pot, cool, and remove skin and bones. Reserve the liquid. Dice the chicken and place in a large bowl. Add the chopped celery, eggs, seasoning salt, mayonnaise, lemon-pepper, pepper, and some reserved stock and mix well.

Good Luck!

wasabi woman said:
here's one of Paula Deen's - it's pretty close to your ingredients, and should give you a good place to begin and/or subsititute.

Jamie's Chicken Salad

1 (3-pound) chicken
Salt and pepper
1 onion, quartered
2 celery stalks
1 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup mayonnaise

Place the chicken along with the salt, pepper, onion, and celery stalks in a large stock pot. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer until the chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken from pot, cool, and remove skin and bones. Reserve the liquid. Dice the chicken and place in a large bowl. Add the chopped celery, eggs, seasoning salt, mayonnaise, lemon-pepper, pepper, and some reserved stock and mix well.

Good Luck!

Wasabi that sounds great, and I was here looking for a chicken salad recipe, but I think I will add chopped granny smith apple and chopped walnuts to your recipe, is that OK?

I remember a recipe from Vincent Price (the horrer movie actor) He was a true gourmand he actually has a set of of cook books in high demand on Ebay. The recipe had cream cheese,mayo,chicken,pineapple,a little onion,some celery,pecans and a little salt and pepper. I cant remember the rest but it is really good on a toasted bagel.:)
Also I have had a chicken salad made the regular way but a with good bit of basil pesto folded in.Very good.

Last edited:
mickey_72 said:
My wife normally doesn't like chicken salad but she had some she liked. I was able to find out what some of the baisc ingreadents are.

Does anyone of a recipe with the following (or should I just attempt to mix to taste):
Chicken
mayonnaise
celery
lemon juice
onion powder
garlic powder
white pepper
parlsey

Mickey, I add some chopped walnuts, chopped onions to mine and sandwich them with cresents

wasabi woman said:

Jamie's Chicken Salad

1 (3-pound) chicken
Salt and pepper
1 onion, quartered
2 celery stalks
1 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup mayonnaise

Good Luck!

I just got her cookbook yesterday and was going to post this. Good thing I read your post first. Saved me the time of typing and everyone re-reading. smiles, t

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions. Guess I am going to have to roast a few chicken breasts so I can try all of them. Love Waldorf salad.

I made the Paula Dean one sometime ago and myself I didn't care for it.........I even tried adding some of this and that to get a taste I liked but didn't succeed very well.

I made a chicken salad sandwich the for the first time and it reminded me of this thread. My sandwich had:

1/4 cup sour cream
2 tbsp. mayo
2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1/3 cup chopped celery
3-4 green onions, chopped
1/2 tsp. dill
1-2 tsp. garlic and herb blend
2 tbsp. chopped cashews

Place ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Spread on your favorite kind of bread.

No hardboiled eggs for me. I don't like eggs in my sandwiches. Any other ideas of what other ingredients can be added to a chicken salad sandwich?

oooh, cashews! good idea, Sierra. I have nothing to add to your recipe. I like mine a little less herb-y, though. I think it little splash of Tabasco wouldn't hurt.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom