ISO Chicken Spaghetti Casserole

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wensdy

Assistant Cook
I was watching food network one night and the cook that travels(don't remember his name) was at this woman's house who won a contest for her chicken spag. casserole, she made it while he was there and it sounded great.
anyone know what the recipe consisted of? or the name of the woman who won? or that cook's name from food network?

I'm trying to hunt down that recipe. Thanks.:)

Wensdy,
sorry I can't help, but we have many here who watch fntv and someone will come along soon I'm sure.

kadesma:)

I think it was the secret life of casseroles or maybe comfort food.

The meal looked good let us know what you think of it.

rickell said:
I think it was the secret life of casseroles or maybe comfort food.

The meal looked good let us know what you think of it.

secret life does not list the recipes they air, i would like to try this
too i will keep searching. the lady won the award i think it was
for casseroles not comfort food.

Wensdy, I learned about chicken spaghetti from my HH, whose mom used to make it all the time. I'll dig up the actual recipe for you if you want, but here's the Cliffs Notes version:

Make your sauce
Cook your noodles
Layer sauce, cooked noodles, and shredded cooked chicken. Cover with mozzarella cheese and bake.

Also waaaaaaaay good using shrimp.

would be great if you could provide the recipe and also for the shrimp way.
thank you

Just use a bechemal sauce (with or without some cheese added), use the cooked chicken or shrimp and spaghetti noodles, bake and you have it. Some people add a canned cream soup to the sauce and that works too.

Wensdy - maybe this would be similar or if you can remember some of the ingredients, change it to what you'd like to see in it.

CHICKEN (OR TURKEY) and SPAGHETTI

Serving Size : 6

1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 c yellow onion -- chopped
2 clove minced garlic
1/2 c bell pepper -- green or red or combination or use roasted red bell peppers
2 tbsps butter
2 tbsps all-purpose flour
8 ozs tomato sauce

2 c chicken stock -- or beef stock
3/4 tsp salt
4 c chicken -- or turkey, cubed
3/4 c green olives -- pimiento-stuffed, sliced
10 ozs spaghetti -- cooked & drained
1 c cheddar cheese -- grated
1/4 c Parmesan cheese -- freshly grated
NOTE: alt. use ~2/3 c. cheddar & Parm. + Panko mixed together.

Oven to 350

In large skillet over med. heat, warm oil; add onion, garlic & bell pepper & saute till tender, ~5 min.
Remove to a 4-qt. casserole coated w/Pam

In same skillet over med. heat, melt butter, add flour & stir till bubbly.
Add tomato sauce, stock, salt & pepper - stir till thickened, ~2-4 min.
Stir in chicken and olives.

Transfer mixture to casserole dish, add cooked spaghetti & gently mix all ingred. Top w/cheeses, cover, & bake till hot & bubbly, 30-40 min. Remove cover and continue baking 5-10 min.

NOTES : Leftover chicken or turkey or raw may be used in this dish. Using the alternate ingred. makes a great dish!!

Wensdy said:
I was watching food network one night and the cook that travels(don't remember his name) was at this woman's house who won a contest for her chicken spag. casserole, she made it while he was there and it sounded great.
anyone know what the recipe consisted of? or the name of the woman who won? or that cook's name from food network?

I'm trying to hunt down that recipe. Thanks.:)

I saw the same show and was unable to locate the recipe on their site. As I recall it had chicken, cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, chicken broth, spaghetti and velveeta cheese. I don't remember anything else. Does this sound like it?

I did not see the show but I do have a chicken spaghetti recipe I will share.

(I can't beleive I am going to the "safe" for a second time today.)

1 whole fryer cut up
1/2 lb ground chuck
1 Tbl. oil
1 medium onion medium chop
3 or 4 ribs celery medium chop
1 small or 1/2 large bell pepper
1 28 oz can tomatoes.. the best you can find
3 toes garlic fine chop
2 or 3 Tlbs of good Chili powder
Salt, Black pepper to taste..
12 oz small spaghetti or vermicelli

Boil the chicken with onion, celery, and bell pepper "scraps", salt and black pepper. Simmer until meat is coming off the bone...
Remove chicken from the bones and reserve meat and stock
Strain the stock and defat if you wish...
While the chicken is boiling brown the ground chuck..pour off fat!!
In another skillet saute the onion, celery, and bell pepper well done in 1 tlbs oil. Add ground chuck, tomatoes, garlic and chili powder. Cook for 15 minutes.
Cook vermicelli in chicken stock until done adding as much stock/water as needed...(Do not drain as it needs to be a bit juicy)
Start adding vermicelli to tomato sauce until desired consistency..(you may not use all of the cooked vermicelli) simmer for 15 min. Add cubed chicken meat and adjust seasonings and serve! Garnish at the table with your favorite cheese.

We enjoy salad and french bread with this dish....

Back
Top Bottom