ISO Chicken with Asian chili sauce ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

52jimh

Assistant Cook
I'm going to use some Asian chili sauce for a meal today and was thinking sauce, chicken cut into 1" cubes and some veggies. Let it simmer and add?
Drawing a blank. Any ideas out there?
Thanks
52jimh:wacko:

Here is an idea:

Cut chicken into strips not cubes

Make a sauce with the following:

Chili Sauce that you have
Soy Sauce (one or two tbsp)
Cornstarch - 1/4 tbsp
Sugar (White or Brown) - 1 tbsp

Mix the sauce ingredients together.

Add oil, once it's hot add chicken and cook until no longer pink. Throw in the aromatics - I like to use ginger, garlic, scallions, red chili's (dry) and peanuts or cashews (if you have some on hand). Add the sauce cook it for a two to three minutes and garnish with a dash of cilantro, some sesame seeds (if you have them) and serve over rice.

Asian chili sauce

Thanks Yakuta:
I found a small container of Asian boullion and added some green peppers, onions, and part of a can of baby corn, thickened it with your soy and cornstarch idea and it turned out great! Served on a bed of rice.
icon10.gif

52jimh said:
I'm going to use some Asian chili sauce for a meal today and was thinking sauce, chicken cut into 1" cubes and some veggies. Let it simmer and add?
Drawing a blank. Any ideas out there?
Thanks
52jimh:wacko:

Would that be like Chinese Chili Garlic sauce, which is extremely spicy, or Thai style sweet chili sauce, which is far less pungent?

I have different recipes for each.

Asian chili sauce

Hi Caine:
This was mild Asian chile sauce (but it had a good punch to it). It's made by Maggi. It worked with a dilution of Asian boullion and veggies and thickend up with a cornstarch, soy, water mixture.
Thanks for the reply.
52jimh

I do "freeform" stirfries all the time & use virtually anything & everything I have on hand. I always have dried Shitake & Wood Ear mushrooms in the pantry, so those get soaked & added along with whatever vegetables are hiding in the fridge (assuming they haven't yet turned into science experiments - lol!!). Green beans, thinly sliced (like on a mandoline) carrots, bok choy or other cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower - really, anything goes!! I think, over the years, the only thing I've never added to a stirfry has been white potatoes. Pretty much everything else is fair game here.

Here is a recipe from Martin Yan called Tropical Beef that uses sweet chili sauce that you could make with chicken instead of beef. I made it last week, only I used pork instead of beef because:

1. I thought that pork would go with pineapple and mango better than beef

2. I already had the appropriate amount of pork thawed out

3. I know from experience that any type of meat, poultry, fish, seafood, or even tofu will go good with a Martin Yan sauce

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom