ISO Chicken with Sauteed Spinach and Garlic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jstarr

Cook
I think this is a pretty typical dish served at Italian restaurants. Does anyone have any recipes?

Thanks,

You can try this Indian version

Palang or palak (spinach) murg (chicken)

Chicken 1/2 kg
Spinach (Palak) 1 bunch
Onions (medium size) 3
Garlic 12 pods
Green Chillies 6-8
Curd / Plain Yogurt 1/2 cup
Oil for frying
Salt to taste

1.Finely chop the onions, garlic and green chillies.
2.Boil the spinach on low heat in a vessel till it is soft. Switch off and set aside
3.Heat oil in a wok/pan.
5.Add onions till they turn pink.
6.Add finely chopped garlic, green chillies .
7.Add spinach to this mixture.
8.Fry this mixture for a couple of minutes
9.Take the mixture off the heat.
10.Use the blender to grind the spinach mixture to paste.
11.Heat some more oil in pan. Add the paste from blender.
12.Add curd / plain yogurt.
13.Once the oil starts leaving the sides of the pan, add chicken and salt.
14.Cook on low heat till the chicken is done.

First off - Jstarr, is the recipe you're trying to duplicate chicken served with or over a side of sauteed spinach, or chicken combined with the spinach? I frequently serve "Chicken Piccata" over a bed of garlic-sauteed spinach, so am just wondering if that's what you're talking about. My recipe involves seasoned-floured dredged thin chicken cutlets sauteed in extra-virgin olive oil until done, then "sauced" with the pan juices blended with a dash of dry white wine, juice from one lemon, & a couple of tablespoons of capers. Everything is served on a bed of spinach that's been sauteed with several cloves of chopped garlic.

Second - Radhuni, thank you SO much for that recipe. I LOVE Indian cuisine (in fact, I make my own paneer (cheese) when I have the time), & your recipe is one that's right up my alley. Again - thanks!

It's basically chicken with spinach served over pasta. I've had it before at Italian Restaurant's.

Both the chicken and spinach are mixed throughout the dish over the pasta.

Back
Top Bottom