ISO help cooking frozen turkey breast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Like I said, the only time a diet is dangerous, including Atkins, is when the dieter does not read and follow directions. Atkins reduces your calorie intke from carbs to practically nothing, but, and this is a big but (pun intended!) ONLY FOR TWO WEEKS! After the initial two weeks, you start bringing carbs back into your diet, but you only bring in complex carbohydrates, NOT the simple carbs like sugar, white bread, potatoes, white rice, white flour macaroni, that you USED to eat. The South Beach diet isn't quite as extreme as Atkins concerning carbs in vegetables and dairy products, it limits your saturated fat intake more than Atkins, and it includes exercise, and therefore I recommend South Beach over Atkins to my clients. But, I don't care which diet plan they decide on, I can work with it, as long as they follow it and stay with it.

Atkins often pushed this diet as a way of life, as in eat like this for more than two weeks. But no matter, I’m curious as to why you brought up the Atkins Diet in this post?:ermm:

woah this thread totallly went off topic, but I gotta chime in here on the diet thing.

I'm pretty into keeping fit and regarding diet, you just gotta be sensible and don't starve yourself. All this atkins, southbeach stuff seems way too complicated for your average person who wants to keep healthy. Just eat clean stuff (oatmeal, fruits, veggies, rice, eggs, lean meats... etc) but a pizza or hamburger won't hurt once in a while

Also to supplement that... you gotta exercise. Even if its not your thing... stay active as much as possible. take a walk... use the stairs... you'll be surprised how much leaner you'll be.

just my 2cents

oh btw... back to the original topic... finallly dug up this picture... thanks again guys!

Attachments

• DSC00071.jpg
    DSC00071.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 187
woah this thread totallly went off topic, but I gotta chime in here on the diet thing.

I'm pretty into keeping fit and regarding diet, you just gotta be sensible and don't starve yourself. All this atkins, southbeach stuff seems way too complicated for your average person who wants to keep healthy. Just eat clean stuff (oatmeal, fruits, veggies, rice, eggs, lean meats... etc) but a pizza or hamburger won't hurt once in a while

Also to supplement that... you gotta exercise. Even if its not your thing... stay active as much as possible. take a walk... use the stairs... you'll be surprised how much leaner you'll be.

just my 2cents

Actually, I think Caine’s POV was that you chose your sides wrong. Too many carbs. You should have shed one or two of those carbs in favor of fibrous vegetables…….but that’s just my best guess. Let’s see what Caine says.

I’m curious as to why you brought up the Atkins Diet in this post?:ermm:

Because damao33 said he was serving mashed potatoes, macaroni salad, and rice with the turkey. Not one mention of any vegetables to go along with all those carbs. Not even a simple green salad.

Back
Top Bottom