ISO info on marinated turkey tenderloins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angie

Head Chef
I bought a package of 2 pre-marinated turkey tenderloins. I cooked one up and froze the other. I wasn't really very happy with the taste of the marinade.

Is it possible to change the flavor by marinating it in something else? Any ideas?

The flavor was "rotisserie".

The marinade has probably already penetrated the meat, so it's probably impossible to get rid of it all together. However, you can rinse off the existing marinade and add your own marinade that will compliment the flavors of the original marinade, as opposed to covering it.

I assume you're talking about the Shady Brook Farm marinated turkey tenderloins? I buy them all the time - in fact, nearly always have a package in the freezer. I only cooked them whole once &, like you, wasn't terribly impressed. It's not that they were bad, just sort of "eh". However, I do find them both reasonably priced (we get at least a couple of meals for 2 out of one package) & very handy to have on hand. You can definitely plop them into whatever additional marinade pleases you - I do it all the time.

What I use them for most is kabobs. I cut them into chunks & skewer them with veggies; then either broil or grill them. Delicious. They're also good marinated in a yogurt/tandoori type marinade & kabobbed as well. Another thing I use them for is cut into smaller bite-size pieces & used in Asian stir-fries as a change from the usual chicken.

Wash the marinade off them and try soaking for an hour or two in buttermilk. Then, bread and fry/bake them. Serve them with brown gravy. That should mask the flavour a bit.

I feel like I just fell off the turnip truck, but have no idea what turkey tenderloins are.

Know full well what they are on a cow or piggy or lamb, but what are they on a boid?

You've heard of chicken tenders? Same thing except on a turkey.

They are narrow strips of meat loosely attached to the underside of each breast half.

Back
Top Bottom