ISO method for changing the texture of chicken meat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brred

Assistant Cook
Hey, everyone.

My first thread here. first of all i would like to apologize ahead for my poor English, as im not a native speaker :(. Couple years ago I've encountered a method of changing texture of the chicken to completely smooth (like it was very hard to notice the direction of the tissue). As far as i remember it involved marinating in salty water for 20 minutes and then pouring boiling water over it.

I've searched internet for an hour and couldnt find the directions :-/

Is there anyone who could help me? ^^

Thank you

It also sounds similar to brining which can change the texture as well. It is not the same, but there are some similarities.

I love when people come here and apologize for their English because they are not native speakers. 9 out of 10 times they speak better that the native speakers already :LOL: Welcome to the site Brred. Your English is excellent!

Some of the commercially processed chicken breasts, pieces are seasoned, and soaked in a brine. They call it "pump", in the buisness. One reason is to add extra weight when selling and make the portions seem larger that they really are. They use nitrites. Some of the boneless skinless chicken breast resemble the texture of baloney they have been so "pumped". I would recomend brining with the skin off.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom