ISO Oven "fried" chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angie

Head Chef
I'm looking for a recipe to make oven fried chicken with. I always used boneless, skinless breasts. Just a nice classic recipe. The last one I used had breadcrumbs and I wasn't really happy with it.

This is one I use all the time.. I used it with a whole cut up chicken.. but I now switched to just boneless skinless chicken breasts..

Here is the original recipe.. BUT because of the skinless chicken. you HAVE to add more butter.. or they will stick to the pan, because no fat in skinless... I usually doubled it.. then watched to see if I needed to add more 1/2 way through

1 tablespoon margarine or butter
2/3 cup bisquick baking mix
1 1/2 tsp paprika
1 1/4 teas salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 1/2 to 3 1/2 pound chicken cut up.. or about 4 chicken breasts - depending on size

Heat oven to 425 degrees, Melt butter in square 9x9 pan ( use bigger if you need to) mix baking mix, paprika, salt and peper; coat chicken. Place chicken in pan and bake 35 minutes. Turn; bake until done, about 15 minutes longer, or till done.

Hmmmm....sounds good. Might have to add Bisquick to my shopping list for tomorrow. Thank you!

I like to marinate boneless, skinless chicken in a little olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, Worcestershire or soy sauce, and a sprinkle or two of Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Let marinate for 15-30 minutes. Then roll in very finely ground nuts (any kind). (You may add some grated Parmesan cheese with the nuts for extra zing.) Place in a shallow pan lined with parchment paper (chicken never sticks) and bake in oven for 20-30 minutes (depending on size and thickness) at 400ºF. (Always test the doneness of the chicken by cutting into it ~ no pink and clear juices.) The chicken always turns out tender and juicy. Hey, no carbs, too!!!

Last edited:
I make mine like Debbie's ... except that I use plain flour instead of baking mix and I add onion and garlic powder and sometimes other seasonings.

Back
Top Bottom