ISO-Sweet Chicken Drumstick-Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

itcomic

Assistant Cook
I have marinate my chicken drumsticks for like 12 hours with concentrated orange juice recipe . The outside is perfect with the sweet coating. however, the inside is so plain, no taste at all.

Is there anyway I can get the sweet taste INSIDE the chicken drumstick meat as well ?

or is there any alternative solution to make the drumstick meat inside get the sweet taste like the outside ?

Thank you

You could prepare a sweetened brining solution using the usual salt and sugar, and adding cut up oranges, and/or lemons, and/or limes, or you could inject your current marinade into the chicken with one of those turkey injectors that come with a deep fried turkey kit. You can by the injector separately in a kitchen store.

You can also marinate longer. But Caine is correct in suggesting you make a brine that is sweet. As long as the chicken hasn't been injected with a "solution" already, or as long as the brine has a higher solution of salt than the chicken (if already injected) then the chicken will soak up that flavored brine.

Back
Top Bottom