ISO TNT chicken and biscuits recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now, there is no way I would even dare to say I know any better about cornbread than Uncle Bob.... or any Southerner... :angel:
but I make this one all the time and can't get enough of it!

Golden Sweet Cornbread - Allrecipes

Hint, don't bake it in a dark pan. Use a silver colored round pan, or I use my square glass Pyrex.

UB, if you have any suggetions to doctor it up any, by all means go for it!

Now, there is no way I would even dare to say I know any better about cornbread than Uncle Bob.... or any Southerner... :angel:
but I make this one all the time and can't get enough of it!

Golden Sweet Cornbread - Allrecipes

Hint, don't bake it in a dark pan. Use a silver colored round pan, or I use my square glass Pyrex.

UB, if you have any suggetions to doctor it up any, by all means go for it!

Morning Miss Suzi

:ohmy: 2/3 Cups of Sugar!!! It's Cake!!! It's Cake!! :LOL: I personally don't use sugar in cornbread, but if you want too it's ok. It's one of those personal preference things as well as a regional thing I think. Most people here in my area prefer it without sugar, and not so much flour...if any. Anyway you...

Enjoy & Have Fun!;)

Thanks for the recipe suzi- I doesn't look to hard,I think I'll pick up the cornmeal today and try it this weekend.
You know I use to hate cooking, my mom was not a cook so I never learned how to cook different things. Her saying was that if it came out of a box or can we were in business. I married into a italian family,they all know how to cook so I'm the butt of all the jokes. Not one would show me how to make anything though,always felt beneath them. Thanks to all of you I have learned to make a few different things, and I am beginning to like cooking. Thanks to everyone of you!!!!!! :chef:

Me too!
I was just going to say I got my bread machine in yesterday if the dough needs mixed up in one, and I do have a Griswold cast iron skillet, so ya got that recipe around here somewhere, UB?

And don't worry. I won't take your chic & bisc. If my hens I got this spring don't start producing me an egg or two soon, I'll be swimming in chic & bisc :LOL:

My hens are 29-1/2 weeks old, UB. Healthy, not going through a molt...... and not laying yet either. From what I've read a lot of backyard flocks' egg production has been down this year. Since mine never started before freezing temps and short days set in, I wonder if they ever will before spring:(

Thanks for the PM. I will cut myself while preparing lunch and swear myself to secrecy :LOL:

Yes....Do you have a cast iron skillet??

I have THREE cast-iron skillets, and a cast-iron grill pan and a cast-iron Dutch oven ;) May I have your recipe, please? I made homemade cornbread for the first time a couple of months ago, and there wasn't much corny flavor at all :(

My hens are 29-1/2 weeks old, UB. Healthy, not going through a molt...... and not laying yet either. From what I've read a lot of backyard flocks' egg production has been down this year. Since mine never started before freezing temps and short days set in, I wonder if they ever will before spring:(

Thanks for the PM. I will cut myself while preparing lunch and swear myself to secrecy :LOL:

They should be laying. Around 20 weeks old is about avg. I think. You will need to add daylight hours (artificial lights) during short winter days to keep production going. I forget the light hours that they need. I used to burn lights around 4 hours per night I think. I don't have a clue where all of my "technical" information is, but you shouldn't have any trouble finding the information.

I know. They are way overdue.
The problem with adding light is they will burn out more quickly. A chicken is born with as many eggs as it will ever produce. The more you coax them to lay these eggs by increasing their daylight in the winter, the quicker they will "run out". I'm sure you probably already know this, but I thought this was pretty interesting and worth mentioning for those that don't. I also read that coaxing them to lay more eggs is linked to reproductive cancer in young chickens.
Since I have no intention of butchering them when they no longer lay, I'm hoping the lead long healthy, egg laying lives, even if production drops to just a couple eggs a week.
But not getting their first egg is killing me :mad:
Not to mention all that crowing they do in the morning :ROFLMAO:

pacanis said:
But not getting their first egg is killing me :mad:
Not to mention all that crowing they do in the morning :ROFLMAO:

So lets see...Your Chicken and Biscuit recipe starts like this???

1 Young Hen that want lay
etc
etc
etc
etc.

:LOL:

[B said:
mikki[/B];517368]Uncle Bob-- Here is a picture of my chicken & Biscuits. Like I said mine is plain and simple,chicken gravy and biscuits.Simply delicious though!!!!:)

I simply don't understand how you managed to have only a single split biscuit on that plate. Myself, I would have had two (if not three), and then would have had to evaluate seconds... assuming I could fit them in. ;)

Believe me I had more. I finished that before my daughter got to the table. I eat one biscuit at a time because I don't like my biscuits to get mushy.

Back
Top Bottom