"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Chicken, Turkey & other Fowl

Old 02-20-2014, 09:04 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Perhaps Asian, maybe with some pineapple and teriaki, oyster, and/or soy sauce with rice, or some good curry sauce. Dipped in BBQ or honey mustard sauce. Lemon pepper sprinkled.
This was a winner. I made some teriyaki sauce, stir fried some broccoli and frozen, julienned bell peppers, and then stirred in big chunks of the chicken breast. Stirling was very pleased.

Old 02-20-2014, 09:05 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyema View Post
Ranch dressing (pretty much any salad dressing)
BBQ sauce
Teriyaki
Onion dip
Raita
Gojuchang
Cheese sauce
Gravy
Chili put in a blender made into a sauce
Bernaise sauce
Marinara
Nice list. Thank you. I am copying and pasting it. One of these trips to Costco, I will have some of these ready before I leave to go shopping. I'm always too pooped to start making sauces when I get home.

Old 02-20-2014, 09:09 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
When it's hot, we just dig into it like any other roasted chicken, like we'll do tonight with a veg and some spuds. I just got one at Costco today. I love the leftovers for a multitude of one dish wonders that take some time, like Italian Flag Casserole

I was happy to find a new item at Costco today...a two pound package of beautiful boneless skinless breast meat from their rotisserie chickens. I'll freeze it in two cup portions and have it when ever the mood strikes.
Thanks, Kayelle, I will try that casserole sometime, but I will probably change the artichokes for something else. Stirling doesn't like artichokes.

I would happily eat the rotisserie chicken the way it comes, but Stirling was getting really tired of it that way.

I usually make hot chicken sandwiches with leftover rotisserie chicken in winter or a salad with chicken in summer, or chicken salad.
Old 02-20-2014, 09:12 PM   #14
Master Chef

We use left over rotis chicken for taco Tuesdays.
Old 02-20-2014, 09:50 PM   #15
Executive Chef

Does he like spicey stuff? A little butter in a pan, a splash of lemon juice, and your favorite hot sauce, toss in the chicken and mix it all well. Simmer for a couple minutes to let all the flavors blend. Carrot and celery sticks on the side, bleu cheese dressing for dipping.

You could also mix honey, ginger, and garlic and toss that with the chicken, then stick it under the broiler five to ten minutes.

Mix lime, corriander and honey and do the same thing.

Mix fresh chopped oregano and basil with a little balsamic vinager and toss with chicken. Heat in a pan just long enough for the flavors to blend a bit. Serve over salad greens, maybe add a little grated asiago.

A tsp of orange juic concentrate mixed with soy sauce, ginger, and corriander makes a good sauce for chicken.

Strawberries cooked with lime and a dash of cinnamon also makes a good sauce. Or peaches or apricots with lemon and a pinch of garam masala.

Hmmm, phone is dying. I'll have to return later.
Old 02-20-2014, 09:55 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
This was a winner. I made some teriyaki sauce, stir fried some broccoli and frozen, julienned bell peppers, and then stirred in big chunks of the chicken breast. Stirling was very pleased.
Glad it worked! All these ideas are sounding good!
Old 02-21-2014, 10:12 AM   #17
Executive Chef

The last time we went to Costco we each bought our own chix. Greedy I guess. I didn't ask Dx how she uses hers, too busy with my mouth full.

How I eat a rotiss chicken:

Dinner. Wings and one leg (or two) if I am really hungry. or a leg and thigh if it is so tender that's how the bird separated at the joints.

Lunch. One cold leg along with something unrelated.

Thigh meat, gets shared in tiny bits with the little girls. No bones. Skin and fat gets saved along with the carcass for stock. The rest of the thigh meat goes in a spicy or sauced casserole. Something that camouflages.
I am not really a thigh man.

The breast meat to me is the good stuff. I have no unique ways not already mentioned. Loosely interpreted Asian or Mexican style casseroles, burritos, tacos etc. . Sometimes a chicken and dressing or chix and noodles casserole. Chix salad/ sandwiches. Grilled chix and cheese sandwich with avocado or tomato tucked in after grilling. I haven't made a Hot Brown sandwich lately. I think they are good. I like pot pies probably the best.

The only issue I have with rotiss chicken is, unlike an oven roasted chicken, there is no gravy. Putting creative sauces together is where my imagination often meets the end of the road.
Old 02-21-2014, 10:52 AM   #18
Sous Chef

A curry mayo is good if you have some curry powder to mix in with your mayo. Simple I know but oh so tasty! Also garlic mayo is nice if that's your thing. Spread over the tops and flash under the grill for a couple of minutes

Life is like good wine.......best taken with friends x
menumaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 10:56 AM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by menumaker View Post
A curry mayo is good if you have some curry powder to mix in with your mayo. Simple I know but oh so tasty! Also garlic mayo is nice if that's your thing. Spread over the tops and flash under the grill for a couple of minutes
Those are great, especially for the times I haven't prepped a sauce ahead of time. They would work as dipping sauces too. I have some curry powder that I made, 'cause I can't eat most store bought curry powders.
Old 02-21-2014, 11:07 AM   #20
Sous Chef

Yes they do make good dipping sauces. As I say, so easy, especially when you are tired or caught on the hop! Wonderful also to accompany your Frites and salad ( I don't know what you call Frites or chips over your end? ) You may like to try fresh thyme and lemon zest as well when you can get the FRESH thyme. Doesn't work with dried so don't bother.
Take it easy Taxy

Life is like good wine.......best taken with friends x
menumaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chicken, other