Jazzing up rotisserie chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes they do make good dipping sauces. As I say, so easy, especially when you are tired or caught on the hop! Wonderful also to accompany your Frites and salad ( I don't know what you call Frites or chips over your end? ) You may like to try fresh thyme and lemon zest as well when you can get the FRESH thyme. Doesn't work with dried so don't bother.
Take it easy Taxy
I just happen to have fresh thyme growing in a pot. ;)
We call them fries or frites, here in Quebec.

Don't forget to keep the skin and bones to make stock. I put all of the leftover stuff in a pot with carrots, onions, celery, peppercorns, one or two chicken boullion cubes and parsley and a bay leaf or two. Cover with water, bring to a simmer and cook for about an hour. Don't let it boil. Then strain and cool. I freeze it if it's not being used within a day or two.

Oh, yeah, stock from the carcass. I always save all the bones and bits for stock. I often freeze them, so I can collect several carcasses and make more stock at once. I don't usually put anything but chicken. I make vegi stock separately and add some of that when I am going to use the stock. I freeze stock in chunks in a silicone muffin "tin" and then keep the chunks in a bag or large, plastic jar, in the freezer.

Do you have a recipe or favourite brand?
No real favorite. There are lots of good ones. Presidents Choice makes one called Memories of Thailand.
Here is another one I see at the grocery stores a lot.

Z
http://www.thaikitchen.info/index.php?page=sweet-chili-sauce-435ml

The imported ones I see in Asian grocery stores are only about 3-4 bucks for a big bottle and are all pretty good...

Last edited:
Isn't that Sriracha? Is that sweet?

It's made by the same people. They have a chili paste and a garlic chili paste in addition to their chili sauce (sriracha). I think the actual brand name is Huy Fong. The chili paste is very mildly sweet. The garlic chili paste is not sweet. Any of the three are really good on wings, either by themselves or mixed with something like soy sauce or lime juice. I would think they'd be good on rotisseri chicken too.

Last edited:
The one with the rooster on it and the green lid.

That's Sriracha sauce. Spicy hot and piquant and good but not really a dipping sauce.

Sweet Thai chili sauce is an entirely different thing altogether and FABULOUS with chicken. It is sold in a large glass bottle same size and shape as fish sauce

Last edited:
That's Sriracha sauce. Spicy hot and piquant and good but not really a dipping sauce.

Sweet Thai chili sauce is an entirely different thing altogether and FABULOUS with chicken. It is sold in a large glass bottle same size and shape as fish sauce

The same company that makes the particular sriracha I prefer also makes a chili paste that I've hear refered to as thai chili paste and thai chili sauce. It's thicker than sriracha and has a different flavor.

As for sriracha as a dipping sauce, personally I really like it for exactly that purpose. Sometimes I mix it with a little honey, sometimes a liytle lime juice, sometimes a little hoisen sauce, or sometimes with a little soy sauce. Somtimes I just thin it with a little water or use it straight. Just a personal preffernce.

The same company that makes the particular sriracha I prefer also makes a chili paste that I've hear refered to as thai chili paste and thai chili sauce. It's thicker than sriracha and has a different flavor.

As for sriracha as a dipping sauce, personally I really like it for exactly that purpose. Sometimes I mix it with a little honey, sometimes a liytle lime juice, sometimes a little hoisen sauce, or sometimes with a little soy sauce. Somtimes I just thin it with a little water or use it straight. Just a personal preffernce.

Thai sweet chili sauce suggested by Rocklobster is clear orange, sweet and thick.

Nothing like Sriracha or the other Rooster chile paste products <--- which I love, by the way.

T

5531391081.jpg

I like this product mixed with plumb sauce for chicken or chicken fingers, or other type of fried things like egg rolls, etc...I am a bit anal about how it should be applied. I like to put a puddle of plumb sauce and then add a dollop of sambal olek in the middle. Never actually mix to incorporate the two totally. This way, when you dip and drag, you get the full effect of the sweet/salty/hot contrast becasue they are all hitting your taste buds in their most natural form...weird, I know....:wacko:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom