Jazzing up rotisserie chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taxlady

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Does anyone have any ways to jazz up rotisserie chicken that is still hot from the rotisserie?

Stirling has gotten very bored with plain, skinless chicken breasts. (He only likes white meat and doesn't like skin.)

Have you got any soft tacos Taxy? Chicken, a dash of taco seasoning, a dab of sour cream, some tomato and a bit of shredded cheddar. Yum
That sounds like a great idea. It should work with hard tortillas too. I'll plan that for another time. I don't have any taco seasoning made up and I'm too tired to be bothered to make some up right now. :rolleyes:

Perhaps Asian, maybe with some pineapple and teriaki, oyster, and/or soy sauce with rice, or some good curry sauce. Dipped in BBQ or honey mustard sauce. Lemon pepper sprinkled.

That sounds like a good idea. Any suggestions for dipping sauces? It's not really something I have done, except for sauces for dipping vegis.

^^Read up, Taxy. Do you have any BBQ sauce, etc? Ranch, other dressings.

You could try a hurry up version of a Chicken Reuben.

Pile up some white meat chicken, sauerkraut, a slice of Swiss cheese and nuke it or bake it until everything is hot and gooey, top with some Thousand Island dressing. It sounds gross, but it is pretty tasty. I think it would also be good with red cabbage instead of kraut.

When it's hot, we just dig into it like any other roasted chicken, like we'll do tonight with a veg and some spuds. I just got one at Costco today. I love the leftovers for a multitude of one dish wonders that take some time, like http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f21/italian-flag-casserole-77300.html

I was happy to find a new item at Costco today...a two pound package of beautiful boneless skinless breast meat from their rotisserie chickens. I'll freeze it in two cup portions and have it when ever the mood strikes.

Ranch dressing (pretty much any salad dressing)
BBQ sauce
Teriyaki
Onion dip
Raita
Gojuchang
Cheese sauce
Gravy
Chili put in a blender made into a sauce
Bernaise sauce
Marinara

Perhaps Asian, maybe with some pineapple and teriaki, oyster, and/or soy sauce with rice, or some good curry sauce. Dipped in BBQ or honey mustard sauce. Lemon pepper sprinkled.
This was a winner. I made some teriyaki sauce, stir fried some broccoli and frozen, julienned bell peppers, and then stirred in big chunks of the chicken breast. Stirling was very pleased.

Ranch dressing (pretty much any salad dressing)
BBQ sauce
Teriyaki
Onion dip
Raita
Gojuchang
Cheese sauce
Gravy
Chili put in a blender made into a sauce
Bernaise sauce
Marinara
Nice list. Thank you. I am copying and pasting it. One of these trips to Costco, I will have some of these ready before I leave to go shopping. I'm always too pooped to start making sauces when I get home. :rolleyes:

When it's hot, we just dig into it like any other roasted chicken, like we'll do tonight with a veg and some spuds. I just got one at Costco today. I love the leftovers for a multitude of one dish wonders that take some time, like http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f21/italian-flag-casserole-77300.html

I was happy to find a new item at Costco today...a two pound package of beautiful boneless skinless breast meat from their rotisserie chickens. I'll freeze it in two cup portions and have it when ever the mood strikes.
Thanks, Kayelle, I will try that casserole sometime, but I will probably change the artichokes for something else. Stirling doesn't like artichokes.

I would happily eat the rotisserie chicken the way it comes, but Stirling was getting really tired of it that way.

I usually make hot chicken sandwiches with leftover rotisserie chicken in winter or a salad with chicken in summer, or chicken salad.

Does he like spicey stuff? A little butter in a pan, a splash of lemon juice, and your favorite hot sauce, toss in the chicken and mix it all well. Simmer for a couple minutes to let all the flavors blend. Carrot and celery sticks on the side, bleu cheese dressing for dipping.

You could also mix honey, ginger, and garlic and toss that with the chicken, then stick it under the broiler five to ten minutes.

Mix lime, corriander and honey and do the same thing.

Mix fresh chopped oregano and basil with a little balsamic vinager and toss with chicken. Heat in a pan just long enough for the flavors to blend a bit. Serve over salad greens, maybe add a little grated asiago.

A tsp of orange juic concentrate mixed with soy sauce, ginger, and corriander makes a good sauce for chicken.

Strawberries cooked with lime and a dash of cinnamon also makes a good sauce. Or peaches or apricots with lemon and a pinch of garam masala.

Hmmm, phone is dying. I'll have to return later.

This was a winner. I made some teriyaki sauce, stir fried some broccoli and frozen, julienned bell peppers, and then stirred in big chunks of the chicken breast. Stirling was very pleased.

:) Glad it worked! All these ideas are sounding good!

The last time we went to Costco we each bought our own chix. Greedy I guess. I didn't ask Dx how she uses hers, too busy with my mouth full.

How I eat a rotiss chicken:

Dinner. Wings and one leg (or two) if I am really hungry. or a leg and thigh if it is so tender that's how the bird separated at the joints.

Lunch. One cold leg along with something unrelated.

Thigh meat, gets shared in tiny bits with the little girls. No bones. Skin and fat gets saved along with the carcass for stock. The rest of the thigh meat goes in a spicy or sauced casserole. Something that camouflages.
I am not really a thigh man.

The breast meat to me is the good stuff. I have no unique ways not already mentioned. Loosely interpreted Asian or Mexican style casseroles, burritos, tacos etc. . Sometimes a chicken and dressing or chix and noodles casserole. Chix salad/ sandwiches. Grilled chix and cheese sandwich with avocado or tomato tucked in after grilling. I haven't made a Hot Brown sandwich lately. I think they are good. I like pot pies probably the best.

The only issue I have with rotiss chicken is, unlike an oven roasted chicken, there is no gravy. Putting creative sauces together is where my imagination often meets the end of the road.

Last edited:
A curry mayo is good if you have some curry powder to mix in with your mayo. Simple I know but oh so tasty! Also garlic mayo is nice if that's your thing. Spread over the tops and flash under the grill for a couple of minutes

A curry mayo is good if you have some curry powder to mix in with your mayo. Simple I know but oh so tasty! Also garlic mayo is nice if that's your thing. Spread over the tops and flash under the grill for a couple of minutes
Those are great, especially for the times I haven't prepped a sauce ahead of time. They would work as dipping sauces too. I have some curry powder that I made, 'cause I can't eat most store bought curry powders.

Yes they do make good dipping sauces. As I say, so easy, especially when you are tired or caught on the hop! Wonderful also to accompany your Frites and salad ( I don't know what you call Frites or chips over your end? ) You may like to try fresh thyme and lemon zest as well when you can get the FRESH thyme. Doesn't work with dried so don't bother.
Take it easy Taxy

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom