K-L's Chicken Nachos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
from tonight's dinner thread.

K-L’s Southwestern Chicken Nacho’s
(quick and easy dinner)

1 ½ lb. chicken breast cut into large dice (easier if partly frozen)
1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
1 can drained corn, or equal amount of frozen roasted corn (TJ’s)
1 can Rotel Mexican style tomatoes with juice

1 bell pepper, color of your choice (cut in strips)
1 fresh jalapeno (seeded and sliced)….optional
Taco seasonings..

Toppings…
Grated cheese
Diced green onion
Cilantro
Sour cream

Corn chip base.., extra on side as needed We like Dorito’s

I used one of the huge “Dolly” breasts. Generously season the very small pieces with taco seasonings of your choice and set aside for about 30 min. In a large well oiled, and very hot skillet, brown off the chicken pieces for about 2 min. being very careful not to over cook. Remove chicken from skillet and keep warm. Do not remove the drippings, add the beans, corn and Rotel tomatoes and simmer for a few minutes before adding the bell pepper and jalapeno. Add the chicken back to the skillet and stir just till the bell pepper is crisp tender and the chicken is hot.
Serve in large flat bowls with corn chips in the bottom, and toppings of your choice on top.

KL, what are dolly breasts? I googled images and I think their definition does not refer to chicken.

As an aside, I learned that Airline Chicken is not served on planes. Rather, it is a boned breast with the first wing joint still attached.

Last edited:
I think Kay is referring to the first thing (or two) one might notice when one sees Dolly Parton. If one is of a certain age, the same might be said of Mae West.

Chicken breasts seem to run a bit larger than they were in years past.

Last edited:
LOL lol, mayhaps Google was closer than I thought.

I know, we made some recipe last summer, called for 4 breast halves and a skimpy few vegetables, sliced potatoes. The proportions/ ratio was so wrong. It was a recipe from the 60's and today's chickens are indeed more svelte.

:LOL: No kidding, chicken breasts are huge now days! SC pays $1.50lb and they weigh a over a pound each. That's a real bargain for fat free protein and so much can be done with them. :chicken:
I brine them as soon as he brings them home and then cling wrap & freeze them in individual freezer zip lock bags.

I wish you would have taken a picture. This sounds like a photogenic dish.

If you have them in your grocery store, On the Border tortilla chips are really good.

I may make this. If I do, I'll take pictures.

CD

We ate it too fast to take pictures Casey, but you're right that it was really pretty.
Better than that, it was really tasty and easy.
Good idea...you take the pictures..

We ate it too fast to take pictures Casey, but you're right that it was really pretty.
Better than that, it was really tasty and easy.
Good idea...you take the pictures..

Too bad you don't live near me. You could cook, and I'd take the pictures... and eat the food. :yum:

CD

I like the idea of cooking the "toppings" together for the nachos. We usually just use cubed pre-cooked chicken and put them on the corn chips, then the beans, peppers, and so on, then top with cheese and bake.

We almost always make Nachos Grande for our Super Bowl party, so I think I'll try your method this year.

Thanks, K-L. :chef:

I like the idea of cooking the "toppings" together for the nachos. We usually just use cubed pre-cooked chicken and put them on the corn chips, then the beans, peppers, and so on, then top with cheese and bake.

We almost always make Nachos Grande for our Super Bowl party, so I think I'll try your method this year.

Thanks, K-L. :chef:

I make nachos in a similar way. I cook my "stuff" all together, spoon it over the chips, put my cheese on top, and pop it in the oven to warm everything up and melt the cheese.

Just watch your liquids. don't get your chips too wet. I use a slotted spoon to put my "stuff" on the chips, letting it drain first.

CD

I don't like to share my Nacho's so the flat bowls work out well. I kinda like the soggy chips on the bottom with the juices, and the extra chips I use for scooping. Spoons come in handy.

OMG, that's so lame.

Since we've baked our loaded nachos, they are on the really dry side, some years to a fault. That's another good reason to try K-L's "flight of the nachos".

I made this for dinner tonight so here's the better late than never picture. Deeeelish!

Attachments

• P7200068[1].jpg
    P7200068[1].jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 345
Do I see black olives, Kayelle? You hooked me with olives. I thought this dish sounded good just from the description and ingredients, but you won me with those olives. I :heart: olives.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom