Kayelle’s Greek Thighs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
Kayelle’s Greek Thighs with Orzo and Lemon.

By request..
This is a delicious and easy skillet to oven dish. I use my high sided sauté pan. To duplicate this you will need Cavender’s all purpose Greek seasoning, easily found in grocery stores, and fresh lemons.
15692_XXX_v1.jpg

4-6 chicken thighs, (bone in skin on)
2 cups Orzo
2 1/2 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
2-3 teaspoons of Cavenders Greek seasoning
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 thinly sliced lemon

Season the thighs with Cavender’s seasoning, and brown in a large skillet. Remove the chicken and pour off the grease being careful to save the fond on the bottom. Add the orzo along with the broth and lemon juice, scraping up the bits from the bottom of the pan. Stir in the 2-3 teaspoons of Cavenders, along with the parsley and float the browned thighs on top, tucking in the lemon slices.
Transfer the skillet to a pre heated 375 degree oven for 30-40 min.
We like spinach salad on the side.
P3120080_1.jpg

Last edited:
Just checked my grocery stores availability and they carry Cavender’s all purpose Greek seasoning. Went onto my list.

Thanks, Kayelle

It looks like an easy, inexpensive, healthy, Ta-dah recipe!

I love a meal that goes into the oven while I put my feet up and enjoy a relaxing drink! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Last edited:
I can vouch for this! :yum:

I made Kay's Greek Inspired Chicken Thighs last week and it was delicious. The proportions of seasoning, orzo, broth, and oven timing was spot on - and when I stirred up the orzo for plating, it fluffed up perfectly. Will definitely make this again!

Attachments

• chicken and orzo bake2.jpg
    chicken and orzo bake2.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 319
Last edited:
Thanks for the nice comments all!

The recipe is obviously easy to break down and reduce the servings, but the leftovers are really good too.
I'm thinking it would also be great with fish. Without skillet browning the fish, the fish and orzo would be oven done in 15-20 minutes I would think.
I love the mouth feel of the orzo made that way, and I'll make it that way again as a side for another protein.

Last edited:
Thanks for the nice comments all!

The recipe is obviously easy to break down and reduce the servings, but the leftovers are really good too.
I'm thinking it would also be great with fish. Without skillet browning the fish, the fish and orzo would be oven done in 15-20 minutes I would think.
I love the mouth feel of the orzo made that way, and I'll make it that way again as a side for another protein.

Howzabout b/s chicken thighs and Meyer Lemons KL?
Would you figure 15-20 minutes for those too, after a quick browning?

Made it tonight. Great stuff! Thanks for posting this.

Next time, I'll reduce the orzo and broth by a third, though (and I thought it would be too much). Too much left over.

I can't help thinking that Kayelle's Greek Thighs should be followed with a dessert of Schweddy Balls. :LOL:

For those not familiar, one of the top ten funniest SNL sketches of all time.

CD :D

Last edited:
I’ll have to make it with bone in/skin on chicken breasts.

That was one of the funniest bits ever done by Saturday Night Live!! No matter how many times I view it, I laugh until I nearly hurt.

Yeah, I am amazed that they did it without any of them breaking character and laughing.

CD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom