KFC-style chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CookWithDavid

Assistant Cook
Today i will prepare the KFC style chicken, but in a different way because the recipe is secret.

For my taste this way is even better than the franchise's recipe, has a more homemade flavor, and is much less greasy and just crisp. I have seen many recipes online, but after experimenting and mixing new ingredients I have found the recipe good.

Ingredients:

- Chicken.
- Sunflower Oil.

For the marination:

- 300 g of tempura
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 1/2 teaspoon tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon dill
- 1/2 teaspoon thymus
- Salt
- Black pepper
- Cold water

For the frying:

- 200g of Tempura
- 1/2 teaspoon curry
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon thymus
- 1/2 teaspoon dill
- 1/2 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt

Elaboration

1- Mix all marinade ingredients in a bowl and add cold water gradually to create a mixture creamy.
2- Put the chicken in the marinade and marinate at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
3- Then mix all species of frying in another bowl.
4- Put oil to heat.
5- Drain chicken from marinade, dip in the frying spiced flour and fry until crisp and golden. Cook 2 minutes on each side, when is crisp, is cooked.

If any is left over and we want heat it, we will do in the oven at 180 ° for 5 minutes, because in the microwave would soften the coating.

I hope that you like it!

Attachments

• web.jpg
    web.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 498
Sounds interesting. Might give this a try.
I am curious about one thing. I see that you include tempura in the marinade. What purpose does it serve?

The spices give the flavor, and the tempura give it the coat. The two mixtures give it the crunchy

Tempura is not a kind of flour. It is a flour mixture, usually of all purpose, bleached white flour and cornstarch. Tempura mix can be purchased in many Asian markets, and in the ethnic area of many grocery stores. This link = Tempura | Tempura Recipe | Easy Asian Recipes at RasaMalaysia.com closely resembles my own recipe. The tempura comes out very light, airy, and crispy.

Other recipes use seltzer water in place of a leavening agent, such as baking powder.

I only mention this for those who don't have access to commercially made tempura batter. And in my recipe, I use half wheat flour, and half cornstarch.:chef:

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
http://rasamalaysia.com/tempura-recipe/2/

Back
Top Bottom