Lazy Beer Braised Chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhizara

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
LAZY BEER BRAISED CHICKEN
Easy, lazy, yummy!

1 Whole Chicken (5#)
1 Onion, rough chop
4/5 Garlic cloves, smashed
3 Celery stalks
½ Tsp., +/- thyme, oregano, basil, parsley
16 oz. Beer (any kind)

Place all in a stew pot, with some of the vegetables inside the chicken, the rest around.

Place covered pot in a 275° oven until internal temp. is 185° or more. (3-4 hours)

Drain with colander over large bowl. Pour liquid back in pot and add 2-3 packets chicken gravy mix. Heat & stir until thickened.

Extra tender, flavorful meat and incredibly delicious gravy, plus the house smells wonderful for hours!

Note: Do not add any salt. You’ll get plenty in the gravy mix.

Last edited:
After stripping the carcass, I just added the meat to with the gravy and put it in a couple of storage containers.

Next time, I think I'll strip off the skin first. I'll add it to the pot for flavor, but that will make it easier to strip the meat from the bones.

I'm going to have some for breakfast over some StoveTop Stuffing.

Last edited:
That looks good. I was thinking that the skin would have to come off. I like the idea iof just taking it off and adding it to the pot for flavor.

Thanks! I'm definitely going to do that next time. After dinner, I didn't feel like stripping the meat and just put the carcass in a big baggie to tackle the next morning. The skin was a bit of a PITA to get off then.

Back
Top Bottom