Leftover Duck Breast - What To Do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
I cooked duck breast last night for dinner and ended up with one cooked breast half leftover.

Any thoughts on what I can do with it for dinner tonight?

You LUCKY devil you!!!! I'd almost kill for leftover duck breast - lol!!! Have so many Asian cookbooks with recipes for duck stirfries, yet never have any leftover roast duck to try them, & the parts bought separately are so expensive.

Here's a recipe that I'd like to try from The Food and Cooking of Thailand:

9 oz. wild duck meat
1 tbsp. sesame oil
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
4 garlic cloves, finely sliced
1/2 tsp. dried chili flakes
1 tbsp. fish sauce
1 tbsp. soy sauce
1/2 cup water
1 head broccoli, cut into small florets
coriander & 1 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds to garnish

(Variations: Bok choy or Chinese flowering cabbage can be used instead of broccoli.)

Cut the duck meat into bitesize pieces. Heat the oils in a wok or large heavy frying pan & stirfry the garlic over a medium heat until golden but not burnt. Add the duck & stirfry for a further 2 minutes (I'm assuming this is for raw duck meat). Stir in the chili flakes, fish sauce, soy sauce, & water. Add the broccoli & continue to stirfry for about 2 minutes or until just cooked through. Serve on warmed plates garnished with coriander & sesame seeds.

Obviously, since your leftover duck is already cooked, the stirfry time would be less. I also would not add the garlic first - it burns way too fast. I'd add it at the same time you add the duck.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom