"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Chicken, Turkey & other Fowl

Old 11-27-2011, 09:18 PM   #31
Head Chef

I made my turkey pot pie's today. I have a 7 bone steak that i'll cook up with the left over cranberry sauce and a packet of onion soup mix in the crock pot. I always love how they come out that way. So much automatic juice/gravy at the end of the day too. Mashed and Stuffing will be good sides with all that juice from the 7 bone steak.

Old 11-27-2011, 09:35 PM   #32
Assistant Cook

Smile Some leftover turkey ideas

Here are some great leftover turkey recipes you may want to try. Turkey chili anyone? turkey pho? Nom!

link: Foodies Online | 10 Delicious Leftover Turkey Recipes

Old 11-27-2011, 09:45 PM   #33
Master Chef

I cooked my 26 lb UNSTUFFED turkey on 400F convection roast for first half hour then down to 350F convection roast - foil covered for 2.5 hours then uncovered till finished cooking, no basting and it was perfectly done and beautifully brown in 3.5 hours.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:12 PM   #34
Sous Chef

Yesterday I made a turkey potato chowder. It was good and easy. Today to finish off the LOs we had turkey spaghetti which was also easy to make since I had sauce in the freezer.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:22 PM   #35
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I froze my LO turkey/stuffing/gravy/cranberry casserole. Left one portion for DH in the fridge. He's not quite as sick of it yet.
Old 11-28-2011, 03:48 AM   #36
Executive Chef

Google left over turkey biryani, for me the best trick is to rehydrate the cubed turkey before reheating. I steam it for 5 mins or so, it plumps up with absorbed moisture.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:29 AM   #37
Chef Extraordinaire

Around here, all the sandwich shops now are offering Holiday sandwiches. They are basically subs with turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce and topped with turkey gravy. And to think I always thought of that as an 'open-face' sandwich.

My family has always only eaten the meat on the turkey legs. So the next day the whole turkey except the legs went into the stew pot. When the meat was falling off the carcass, the stock got drained and saved. I picked off all the meat, diced it really small, tossed it back into the stock along with everything else from the main meal and made turkey soup. The mashed potatoes and stuffing helped make the broth thick like gravy. Kids had no idea they were getting the white meat that they hated. Or even leftovers. The leg meat was for sandwiches.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:51 AM   #38
Master Chef

What about turkey egg rolls. I make my egg rolls with coarsely diced water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, chopped onion, garlic, bok choy, and bean sprouts, all seasoned with soy sauce, 5-spice powder, ginger, and garlic powder. The mixture works very well with diced chicken, diced pork, shrimp, & scallops. I would think that it woould work great with left-over turkey as well.

Serve with pineapple sweet & sour sauce.

Just a thought, and a different way to use up the turkey left-overs.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 11:41 AM   #39
Executive Chef

Leftover Turkey Sushi Roll

Here's an idea for using up some of that leftover turkey:

turkey+maki2.JPG (image)

and how to make it:

Turkey Maki/ Sushi Roll | Beachloverkitchen

Tags
recipe, turkey, wild rice

Leftover Turkey Since I already made my turkey (couldn't wait), I'm making the first of my planned leftover dishes. 1 C wild rice (Lundberg's) 2 C giblet stock (salted) Giblet meat from stock 1 turkey thigh, stripped and chopped 1/4 package frozen mixed vegetables 1/8 tsp. poultry seasoning Bring to a boil, cover and simmer 50 minutes. Let stand off the burner, covered another 10 minutes.:chef: 3 stars 1 reviews