"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Chicken, Turkey & other Fowl
Old 07-20-2016, 09:49 AM   #1
Head Chef

I have most of a rotisserie chicken left from last night. What do you do with it?

I can resist anything, but temptation. Oscar Wilde
lyndalou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 10:02 AM   #2
Certified Pretend Chef
Originally Posted by lyndalou View Post
I have most of a rotisserie chicken left from last night. What do you do with it?
Quesadillas, tacos, sandwiches, stir-fry, enchiladas.

"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 10:08 AM   #3
Executive Chef
I recently made some delicious sour cream, chicken, enchiladas. Mix 2 cups cut up chicken with one cup sour cream, s&p. Spoon mixture on about 10 warm 5 inch corn tortillas, roll up, place in greased baking dish. Sprinkle on some chopped green chiles and 2 cups grated cheese. Bake at 400*F for 15 minutes. Serve with shredded lettuce and chopped tomatoes and optional guacamole and sour cream.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead
bethzaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 10:19 AM   #4
Master Chef
Chicken salad.

Toss the skin and bones into a pot with some water and veggies to make stock.

If it's cool enough to turn the oven on make a Thanksgiving style casserole, use this recipe as a guide and adjust the ingredients to match the amount of chicken.

Pepperidge Farm® - One-Dish Chicken & Stuffing Bake

Top the meat with prepared pasta sauce and grated cheese, bake until heated for a light version of chicken parm.

Freeze it and deal with it later!

Good luck!
Aunt Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 10:42 AM   #5
Executive Chef
I love rotisserie chicken so there's rarely any leftovers, but I would make chicken salad with it.
CarolPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 10:52 AM   #6
Master Chef
With so many people suffering with heat right now, I'd vote for a dinner chicken salad.

We like green grapes cut in half in ours, along with some candied pecans, on a bed of lettuce.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 01:59 PM   #7
Master Chef
I'm sorry, no advice here, just want to ask the question, what's wrong with rotisserie chicken, even leftovers, as is, warmed up maybe? I happen to love rotisserie chicken and can it it for days.
You are what you eat.
CharlieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 02:58 PM   #8
Master Chef
Charlie, sometimes when it's hot out, something quick and cool hits the spot. I know that Himself and I like cool foods on a hot day, and we don't live in FL like lyndalou does.

lyndalou, I just used a rotisserie chicken for chicken salads. One included fresh cherry pieces, sliced almonds, and a bit of nutmeg; the other had dried cranberries and walnuts with cinnamon. We made sandwiches on crispy bistro rolls with extra mayo and romaine, but you could make a salad plate with chunks of tomato, slices of cukes, and a quartered hard-cooked egg on a bed of lettuce, too.
... nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have... ~~~ LeBron James
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 07:22 PM   #9
Executive Chef
I like a plain cold sliced chicken sandwich, with maybe a little mayo, good bread, toasted. Simple. 'Course you can gussy it up.

I like pesto as a dressing for chicken with cold / cooked &/or raw veggies. Pasta optional.

I made chicken alfredo the other week. I think this is really diet food. The sauce is so rich, you really only eat a little and you are satisfied.
Whiskadoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 09:14 PM   #10
Sous Chef
I second the chicken sandwich. I like to add chopped celery and toasted almonds to the chicken and mayo.

rodentraiser is offline   Reply With Quote