Leftovers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I recently made some delicious sour cream, chicken, enchiladas. Mix 2 cups cut up chicken with one cup sour cream, s&p. Spoon mixture on about 10 warm 5 inch corn tortillas, roll up, place in greased baking dish. Sprinkle on some chopped green chiles and 2 cups grated cheese. Bake at 400*F for 15 minutes. Serve with shredded lettuce and chopped tomatoes and optional guacamole and sour cream.

Chicken salad.

Toss the skin and bones into a pot with some water and veggies to make stock.

If it's cool enough to turn the oven on make a Thanksgiving style casserole, use this recipe as a guide and adjust the ingredients to match the amount of chicken.

Pepperidge Farm® - One-Dish Chicken & Stuffing Bake

Top the meat with prepared pasta sauce and grated cheese, bake until heated for a light version of chicken parm.

Freeze it and deal with it later! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Good luck!

Last edited:
With so many people suffering with heat right now, I'd vote for a dinner chicken salad.

We like green grapes cut in half in ours, along with some candied pecans, on a bed of lettuce.

I'm sorry, no advice here, just want to ask the question, what's wrong with rotisserie chicken, even leftovers, as is, warmed up maybe? I happen to love rotisserie chicken and can it it for days.

Charlie, sometimes when it's hot out, something quick and cool hits the spot. I know that Himself and I like cool foods on a hot day, and we don't live in FL like lyndalou does.

lyndalou, I just used a rotisserie chicken for chicken salads. One included fresh cherry pieces, sliced almonds, and a bit of nutmeg; the other had dried cranberries and walnuts with cinnamon. We made sandwiches on crispy bistro rolls with extra mayo and romaine, but you could make a salad plate with chunks of tomato, slices of cukes, and a quartered hard-cooked egg on a bed of lettuce, too.

I like a plain cold sliced chicken sandwich, with maybe a little mayo, good bread, toasted. Simple. 'Course you can gussy it up.

I like pesto as a dressing for chicken with cold / cooked &/or raw veggies. Pasta optional.

I made chicken alfredo the other week. I think this is really diet food. The sauce is so rich, you really only eat a little and you are satisfied.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom