Lemon Chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john a

Executive Chef
Chop up a handful of garlic, splash some olive oil in a pan, add a couple of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, and S&P to taste. I pound the chicken to a uniform thickness and to tenderize it a little. Once brown I add the juice from one lemon for each breast, cover, and simmer for about 20 minutes. Remove cover and cook down the liquid.

img_534443_0_1c17592b55a0bd3c047675d909bf5699.jpg

While the chicken was simmering I made a couple of salads and prepared a red wine vinaigrette dressing.

img_534443_1_ec1d75c2a716a489b60dbd7d9734b7af.jpg

Add the chicken to the salad and it’s time to eat.

img_534443_2_fd31b8e82797c07c4382359e7dfe1295.jpg

MM looks good and may just fit in to my calorie counts pretty easily!
Thanks!

Looks GREAT! But here's where I get in "trouble" - I can see that lemon chicken over a bowl of pasta dripping with Alfredo :blush:

It looks great.

Can I use mustard oil instead of olive oil? We never use olive oil in cooking.

Can I prepare it without wine?

It looks great.

Can I use mustard oil instead of olive oil? We never use olive oil in cooking.

Can I prepare it without wine?

radhuni - like john said, it is a red wine vinegar. The red wine vinegar was made to use a vinaigrette dressing for the salad; it was not used in the chicken dish.

Thanks

We generally dont use vinegar in our food and also never heard about red wine vinegar.

We got 2 types of vinegar in market

red vinegar: crude vinegar
white vinegar: refined vinegar

So I think I will leave the vinaigrette dressing and prepare a common salad.

I show the picture of the lemon chicken to my husband he told me that it looks great and prepare it for dinner.

So I am following his order;)

Thanks, John, another good looking dish!

Geez, KE, I'm trying to cut down on the amount of pasta I eat, but that sure sounds good!:)

I made this chicken tonight and it was a winner! I used chicken thighs because that's what I had handy, so they had to cook a little longer than breasts would have, but they were really delicious. Thank you for sharing your recipe. I also made Haselback potatoes and my daughter said they were the best potatoes she ever tasted.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom