Thought I would post this recipe!
This is a really quick and simple recipe i have come up with and i hope you enjoy it! There is only a couple of ingredients that are easy to find so is budget friendly.
My Lemon Chicken
Prep: 10 minutes Cooking: 15 minutes Serves: 4
What you will need:
4 large breasts of chicken (skins still on)
2 heaped tsp dried thyme
1 Large lemon
2 tbsp clear runny honey
2 tbsp of water
How to make it:
1.Preheat the grill to high
2.Lightly oil a shallow heatproof dish.
3. Place the chicken breasts in to the dish, skin side facing down
4. Season the breasts with salt and pepper.
5. Grill for 5 minutes.
6. While the chicken is grilling, cut four thin slices from the lemon.
7. Then turn the chicken fillets over so skin is now facing up place a slice of lemon over the top of each chicken breast.
8. Sprinkle the dried thyme over the top of the chicken and add more seasoning,
9. Then drizzle over the honey and juice squeezd from remaining half of lemon and 2 round tbsp of water.
10. Return chicken to the grill for 10 minutes more, until the chicken is golden and cooked all the way through.
Serve with rice or buttered new potatoes and greens ( broccoli and peas are good)